We all like knives - what else do you collect?

We all like knives and if you are like me, you have way more than you really need. Other than knives, what else do you collect? For me, it's Watches - Rolex, Omega, G-Shock to name a few. Also pistols - Sig Sauer, Browning, Ruger, as well as flashlights - Sure Fire, Prometheus, Pens - Mont Blanc, Waterman. Certainly I have more knives than the other items but still enjoy those almost as much as my knives. Not able to post pics however may upgrade my subscription to be able to soon but would love to see yours if you have the ability.

So what other obsessions are out there?

I enjoy knives, but I'm not a collector, as such. The closest I have to a proper collection is keepsakes relating to my daughters (10 and 13). When they make me cards, do drawings, or we find little trinkets, I save them. I'm often told that I look serious or intimidating in person, but I am actually very mushy. I love my kids.

I was big into RC Helicopters a few years back and still have 2 or 3 (maybe 4 or 5 :D) at my parents house back in Colorado. Knives are my favorite and greatest collection I have though and have been doing it quite a while. I own 5 firearms (at my parent house also) and would like more but given that I live in Germany right now that is not an option. Other than that I am quite partial to Apple products and have accumulated a few iPads, iPhones, Macs and other Apple gadgets over the years. I wouldn't say I "collect" them, I just haven't sold any.

The only other thing I collect is money. ;)

Seriously, I'm more materialistic than the next guy, but knives are the only thing I really collect, folders in particular. I think it's more the fact that folding knives present an infuriating conundrum for me, they have inherent weaknesses that cannot be fully overcome, but many work hard on mitigating them. So I keep looking for the perfect one despite knowing it doesn't exist. I don't flashlights, pens, watches I like, but I'm willing to settle, not so much on a knife.

I am a accumulator of knives. I have an active interest in 22 revolvers and 22 firearms in general. The firearms were an obsession 10 years ago, I slowed down and really have not been very active other than shooting them. Added: And yes, I have a collection of 22's that never get shot.

Last edited:
And I think when I said "collect," it was probably too strong of a word. In truth, the 4 pistols, 5 pens, 4 flashlights, and 5 pretty high end watches that I have, probably don't qualify as a collection. I certainly like all of them and all together may qualify as a 'collection of nice things," but none of them individually.

Watches, Guns. I don't collect to put in a show case but I like having different items for different situations. EDC, camping, travel, snow, desert, beach, and so on. Living in California many of these situations come up. In one day I've literally left my house near the beach at 5am to head to my buddies house at the lake about an hour away to go fishing, we then left around 8am for the hour drive to big bear to go snowboarding. Left bear around 1pm and stopped off in the desert to shoot some skeet. Probably one of my all time favorite weekends.

I don't really collect anything either... Heck, I do have a knife collection, but I buy knives I would like to use, so it isn't even really accurate to say I'm a knife collector, per se.

I do have many t-shirts from foreign countries in foreign languages, and enjoying adding a new one when I can.

Big anime/games otaku lol. Knives are my only "manly" hobby as my friends like to hassle me.

Just like you, slim4511 -

It was been watches (Omega, Rolex, Chronoswiss, Breitling...) pens (S.T. DuPont, Parker, Mont Blanc...) and flashlights (SureFire).

I was into cigars for a couple of years - but the "collection" has pretty much gone up in smoke!

Eric

Pipes. I've been a life long pipe smoker, and I've got about 50 years worth of well smoke pipes.

13715291705_af9fd8f3be_c.jpg

13715626514_42bc268068_c.jpg

13715576094_531141ae6a_c.jpg

Knife content;
14071905418_e807b79b43_c.jpg

Besides knives?

Firearms....I have a weakness for Sig Sauer. I have 11 different firearms....none of them are safe queens. I use all of them in regular rotation.

My big collection weakness is dvds/blue rays. In store bought versions....dvd and blue ray, combined, over 2000....in burned versions....close to 1000. Yeah, I have a slight problem there.
Cd's are bad for me too..... 1500 store bought...close to 1000 burned, and about 750gb worth in digital format. Music is my plasma.

I almost forgot...I love guitars. Since the 80's, i've gone through at least 30 different ones (I have been playing on and off since 1974). So, not being satisfied with factory built models, and not being able to afford ordering from a custom shop...I decided to build my own, the way I wanted with the features I want. That was 9 years ago....I have since built a second guitar...and I have plans to build a third this summer. It will be extremely challenging and labor intensive... I'm going to build a neck through the body guitar.

Ron

Last edited:
I've started to collect expensive LED flashlights in addition to expensive knives.

I have one of these beauties on the way.

3628Xih.jpg

Knife117, it would be nice it you would identify the flash lights. Not everyone probably pays as much attention to them as you do. I like them, but I tend to be pretty cheap in the LED flashlight area although I have many that I use. Like a knife, I use a flashlight every day more than once.

The identification is one of my pet peeves on the forums. Show a picture and not even say what it is.

hey - slim4511 - you CAN post pictures here - I do it all the time!

just host your photo (I use Imageshack but there are free sites out there) and copy the link and paste it inside of this "
" without the quotes. Like this:

dscn0494nj1.jpg

fristkodakpicsgw1.jpg

:)

Eric

Knives, wives, guns, audio stuff, my old lego ships, g.i. joes, transformers, star wars, etc from my youth, the hand made and painted lead revolutionary war soldiers my grandfather gave me every year for Christmas and my birthday until he died in 96, comics--Ironman, X-Men, G.I.Joe, Batman, all stuff from the 70's and 80's. Oh and dead bodies. When I was a kid I collected money from all over the world as well as rare and unique US currency. I also have a penchant for shoes. I have about 25 pair currently.

Back