1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

We all like knives - what else do you collect?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by slim4511, Feb 17, 2015.

1. slim4511

slim4511

Dec 8, 2014
    Very nice. I went with the GMT IIc and Exp II Polar. Love them both.

2. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    I also collect tattoos.

[​IMG]

3. bigmark408

bigmark408 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Cool shirt Matt.

4. vanslem6

vanslem6

Oct 4, 2014
    :cool: Werd.
    [​IMG]
    American silver eagle, incase anyone is unfamiliar. It's a modern silver dollar, quite literally. Aside from that I try not to collect anything really. Less is more, IMO.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  5. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I'd like to build up a huge collection/accumulation of silver American Eagles. :D That is the prepper and accumulator side of me that my wife dislikes.

6. coastwtcher42

coastwtcher42

Feb 24, 2015
    Even though I have quite a few knives, I wouldn't necessarily classify myself as a collector. All of my knives were obtained because they fulfilled a need and are used constantly. Even my customs are not wall hangers.

When it comes to actual collecting, I collect stamps, rare military history books, antique fishing lures, and militaria from Rhodesia and South Africa. You could also say that I collect tactical gear because I have so much of it, but I don't really consider it a collection per se. It is just the accumulation of gear that I have picked up over the years.

7. 2TONYB

2TONYB Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Indian artifacts. Only what I find, I don't buy.

8. KNaB

KNaB

Oct 18, 2008
    Guitars, guitar effect pedals, razors, both DE and straight, records.....on and on
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Somehow I ends up with a collection of .22 mini revolvers. I bought the original couple to stash around, as sort of a dire emergency grab something fast kind of thing. Then I bought another, and then another. Now they're stashed in Quaker Oats grits boxes, toilet tissue rolls under the bathroom vanity sink, under lift out floor vents, and all over. I think there's about 7 of them now in various places in the home.

[​IMG]

Accurate at arms length or slightly longer, but after that you say a quick Hail Mary. Or two!
    [​IMG]

10. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    So cute!

11. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Pa hunting licenses.. And old auto 1939 license plates.. So if any one out there has some....;) John :thumbup:

12. hank_rearden

hank_rearden

Jun 7, 2002
    this model is my first red wing boot (online photo.)

[​IMG]

13. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    I don't collect so much but I have a few bicycles; cross, road x3, mountain. I have watches x5 but they all serve different purposes. I have a few firearms all for hunting but I haven't pulled them out of the arms room in years. I don't have things for the sake of owning them having a ton of crap is a pain if you need to move which I've done plenty of in my life.

14. Snow Walker

Snow Walker

Jul 3, 2014
    On the serious side...bills (people keep sending them to me in the mail!), broken bones (I'm up to 18), empty beer/booze bottles (mainly dark beer and tequila), worries (comes with kids and bills).

On the fun side...old GEM and Gillette razors (been using them for close to 40 years) and rosaries (to pray for my serious collections), pocket knives (since I got my hands on my first one at age 4!)

All in all, a pretty good life...

15. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    A couple of my antique footed tumblers. 1850s and 1880s. I no longer drink whisky so these now sit in a cabinet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

17. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I have a small collection of Streamlights. Stinger HL, Strion, ProTac 2L, Jr LED, and Stylus Pro.
    Also have a large collection of hand tools...but I'm a mechanic so they're more of a necessity.

18. mellanman

mellanman

Jun 6, 2010
    was collecting Zippo lighters well before I started collecting knives

[​IMG]

19. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I have a small pipe collection, which I gaze at longingly from time to time since I quit smoking shortly before my daughter was born. I also have a small collection of replica swords, because I like them, and replicas were all I could afford for a long time. A few Chinese style Buddhas. A couple guns... you know the usual. I don't have big collections of anything. Even with knives I'm not so much a collector as I lover of knives. I don't have a ton, just a few that I really love an use. But I love seeing other people's collections.

Actually, now that I think about it, I do have a bit of a rock collection. I like obsidian, and I have a few fossils.

20. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    there are many things i like (and have). but, i am not sure i have any "collections". i really used to like collecting vintage baseball cards. my favorite sets were 1957 topps, 1959 Fleer Ted Williams, 1963 Fleer and 1952 Red Man. unfortunately, i had to sell my collection to fund a trip for my son. i do not regret it, necessarily, as they served a purpose.

that was years ago. but, one day i expect i will begin to collect some of those sets again.

interesting thread....