WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

WE are starting only recently with left/right pocketclip option. Just a few available right now, like the Practic and the budget Civivi Praxis and Baklash. More to come.

Just got my local dealer to get me one of these.

If you start offering more with this option and liner locks I will be picking up alot more WE.

Ive a question. The Rectifier appears to be right or left hand pocket clip orientation. Im a righty so no issue with mine, but I'm curious. If one wanted to locate the pocket clip to the G10 side, where's the threads in the one hole left open there? There's no apparent threading in the G10, no "rivnut" installed, and the back spacer edge encroaches at the bottom of the hole so there is no, and can be no, threaded hole into that. Anybody moved their clip to the G10 side? Did the screw just cut its own threads in the G10?

Henk, maybe you can talk to WE about making a simplified Chimera, a lot of people mentioned it on IG at least that they would rather see one without the "cracked cut show scale" I made a simple photoshop to show what I mean:
3leMYLT.jpg

(Or if they want to go nuts, add a Hex or Frag Pattern on BOTH sides on the flat parts, and leave the edges contoured) but the cracked part just breaks up the design in my opinion. Otherwise it's a super awesome looking knife.
Prefer the original. Why do we try to modify every design to the one we think best? Surely there's enough choices to go round.

Quick question, how easily can the tool used to adjust the star screws strip if you don't over tighten the screws or use loctite?

Prefer the original. Why do we try to modify every design to the one we think best? Surely there's enough choices to go round.

Like you said, to each their own. People buy brand new black car only to wrap it in satin orange vinyl. I like everything about the Chimera except for the "broken" milling on the front scale. I'd buy one without it, quite a lot of people share the opinion when they presented it on Instagram. I made the photoshop to illustrate what I think would appeal to more people.

Regarding the Chimera, I find the scoop on the spine to be the ugly part of the design. :)

Quick question, how easily can the tool used to adjust the star screws strip if you don't over tighten the screws or use loctite?
Pretty easy. I disassembled a lot star-screwed models. I use it with a thin peace of plastic (actually the plastic bag the tool omes in is very good) between screw and tool (so it will not screw up anodisation) and put a thin torx driver through the hole in the tool to get enough torque.

Does that work good enough if I'm careful or should I rather stay away from the models with the star screws?

Pretty easy. I disassembled a lot star-screwed models. I use it with a thin peace of plastic (actually the plastic bag the tool omes in is very good) between screw and tool (so it will not screw up anodisation) and put a thin torx driver through the hole in the tool to get enough torque.
Does that work good enough if I'm careful or should I rather stay away from the models with the star screws?

Just make sure you have good purchase/make sure the star bit has flat contact so you have proper grip on the edges of the screw.
Thanks! To me We makes some of the best looking knives. The 601 will probably be my first purchase.

Think I answered my own question above re the pocket clip mounting hole for the one "idle" hole on the G10 side of the Rectifier. Using a bright light and angling it a bit, I can see what looks like a brass colored screw thread insert mounted from the backside of the G10. Rather an elegant solution and nice way to handle it.

Edit:
I shoulda looked. Go to Zel's disassembly video of the Rectifier, here:
. At about 3:20 in to 3:45 or so there's lovely macro shots of the inside of the G10 scale. There's a SS insert for those screw threads, and check out the SS inlaid part for the pivot bearings AND blade stop. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
I try to safe some info for our own subforum :)
@Spark promised we can get our own manufacturer subforum, so when the administratorteam has set this up, i will most certainly provide a lot of info. Don't know how much time they need for setting this up. And of course i will organise a passaround as well.
Does WE support AKTI?

Got my Double Helix yesterday and I'm carrying it for the first time today.

First of all, this is definitely a gravity knife and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It can, like any folding knife, be opened two handed when decorum requires. When I want to open it one handed, flipping it open with a wrist flick has an aggressiveness I'm not used to.

Otherwise, I think it's fantastic. Great size. Excellent construction. Unique and, I think, great looking design.

By the way, I am carrying this in New York in defiance of the law.
The definition of a gravity knife:
Gravity Knife
A folding or moveable blade knife in which the blade is held in the closed position by a latch mechanism released by a button on the handle or other mechanical triggering device. A gravity knife does not include a knife that can be opened with one hand utilizing manual pressure applied to the blade, or to a thumb stud, declivity or spur of the blade; nor does gravity knife include a knife with a blade that can be opened by means of inertia or other such force produced by hand, wrist, arm or other bodily movement provided the knife has a detent, spring, structure or other such mechanism that provides a bias or spring-load toward the closed position.

According to this definition in my opinion the DH is not a gravity knife. You need the wrist flick.

The definition of a gravity knife:
Gravity Knife
A folding or moveable blade knife in which the blade is held in the closed position by a latch mechanism released by a button on the handle or other mechanical triggering device. A gravity knife does not include a knife that can be opened with one hand utilizing manual pressure applied to the blade, or to a thumb stud, declivity or spur of the blade; nor does gravity knife include a knife with a blade that can be opened by means of inertia or other such force produced by hand, wrist, arm or other bodily movement provided the knife has a detent, spring, structure or other such mechanism that provides a bias or spring-load toward the closed position.

According to this definition in my opinion the DH is not a gravity knife. You need the wrist flick.

After reading it over 5 times, I believe the important part is "A gravity knife does not include a knife that can be opened with one hand utilizing manual pressure applied to the blade" , which makes the DH a "non-gravity" knife, and applies to all Benchmades, since the back of the blade sticks out enough to be opened two handed (once you release the lock), gravity knives tend to fully hide the blade, and you're forced to release the lock AND use inertia. Which would explain the whole thing (and why it's in german shops despite a gravity knife ban). It's essentially the same as a Benchmade without a thumbstud in terms of mechanical classification. If the blade was fully hidden within the grip(scales) it would be a gravity knife.

Back