Important Info! Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. Software changes & FAQ info inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird. Can you go to the media gallery and see your attachments?

Went to media tab, clicked my albums, says I have not created any albums, searched albums, no results

Thanks

The site is responsive so all the "full" features are available on any device.

Makes sense, I think. Just feels/looks more like a mobile site than when I was able to use the old desktop site on my phone. Of course, the desktop site also now looks/feels more like a mobile site (to me at least). It'll take some getting used to, for sure.

I notice now when using the Default Style that joined date and number of posts (labeled "Messages") shows up under the person's name and avatar -- thanks for adding that! It would still be nice to see location as we could on the old system (without having to click on their name), but I know that's far from a top priority. Also, the joined date and number of posts are only showing up for me on my desktop using Default Style. They don't show up using the FA Dark style, nor do they show up on my phone even when using Default Style (so there must be some difference between the mobile site and desktop).

Also, signatures don't show up on mobile (using Default Style or any other).

On the old forums I was able to set it up that the first post was on the last page and most recent on the first page.

Last thing (for now), I promise: I think someone already mentioned avatars being cropped square (whereas you used to be able to have avatars that were not square), but it also seems like everyone's avatars look very blurry now.

Avatars are automatically resized if they are too large for the designated box.

Just wanted to give a shout out for the multi-quote feature resetting all selected posts for quoting once the multi-quoting post is posted, means we don't have to go back through the whole thread deselecting all the posts we quoted else they get added to all subsequent replies.

A+ design improvement there

One thing I would Really like to see brought back is the identifier of who the most recent poster in a thread was.

I often don't watch how many posts are in a thread and I know if it is boldface, there is (at least) a new post. But often I will wait to see that there are 2-3+ posts prior to my poking the nose back in.

Other than that, I am coming around to the new setup (using Flat Awesome +).

Thanks.

Just wanted to give a shout out for the multi-quote feature resetting all selected posts for quoting once the multi-quoting post is posted, means we don't have to go back through the whole thread deselecting all the posts we quoted else they get added to all subsequent replies.

A+ design improvement there
Didn't notice this yet, as I haven't had the opportunity to multi-quote, but this is Very much appreciated.

One thing I would Really like to see brought back is the identifier of who the most recent poster in a thread was.

I often don't watch how many posts are in a thread and I know if it is boldface, there is (at least) a new post. But often I will wait to see that there are 2-3+ posts prior to my poking the nose back in.

Other than that, I am coming around to the new setup (using Flat Awesome +).

Thanks.

Are you on a phone? The last poster is displayed on desktop and on my phone when held sideways, but not when it's up and down. For small screens it hides certain bits of info to make it flow better.

Are you sure anyone had voted? I voted and it showed up.

Of course. Here are a couple of other threads with polls where the poll results did not transfer from the old vBulletin forum to XenForo.

http://www.bladeforums.com/index.php?threads/spyderco-locking-folders-with-3-blades.1462653/
http://www.bladeforums.com/index.ph...te-zt-sprint-run-of-summer-fall-2016.1454060/

Incidentally, qutoing for replies is a real chore to make the above look readable with proper context.

Last edited:
In the "edit" of a thread, there doesn't seem to be any way to edit the thread title.

In the "edit" of a thread, there doesn't seem to be any way to edit the thread title.

Just had this question answered for myself. In this new format - don't go into edit - simply find the "THREAD TOOL" pull down menu at the top right of your thread. There you will se the quick fix option!

Ray

Spark: Just switched to Dark beta. I like it along with the compressed listing of forums and other mods . I notice on my Mac, running Safari. The Search box overlays my Name and everything to the right of that at the top. I can't move it or dismiss it. Could be a Safari issue.CORRECTION; Is a Safari issue. I tried Firefox and the UI is correct.

Click on thread, select page number? If you mean a box to type in a specific page, I'm not sure if that is a feature available.

Yes, a box to type in the page number. This feature exists in some other forums. But don't worry, problem solved. Thanks to "pleasanthill", see below his reply. This saves me lot of time!

F Falling_rain If you look at the address bar in your browser you can see the tail end of the URL for any current forum post you're reading if you need to jump somewhere to the middle of an 8000 comment thread just change the page number in the URL till they figure something out. This will save you from having to click and click and click to get to the page you want to go to. Just something to help out till they figure something out.

The URL for this page is http://www.bladeforums.com/index.php?threads/welcome-to-the-new-improved-bladeforums.1485665/page-13 Just change the page number. Looks like this on all threads.

How do you email someone? Used to be you just clicked their avatar and it would be an option, but I can't even start a conversation now.

How do you email someone? Used to be you just clicked their avatar and it would be an option, but I can't even start a conversation now.

You don't appear to be a paid member, which is required to send PM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back