Important Info! Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. Software changes & FAQ info inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Spark, for letting us in yesterday even though the renovation wasn't fully complete!

Just my <personal> impressions from first blush...

1. I don't like "Like" ... I hope you dump that feature lower than whale crap in Davy Jones locker...

2. The old avatar displayed a lot of vital & cool info... hope that can happen with the new software.

3. I always enjoyed seeing how many members, and which specific members were viewing a thread at any given moment....can't see that that's an option on this new format...please add it back in! PLEASE

5. Kinda had a WTF moment seeing a particular member show up in the "Top Traders" and "Untrusted Traders" simultaneously....hahaha.....newbies might get the wrong message, that is unless you really wanna go ALL IN on the pirate subculture! lol

6. A riff on #5..."Trader" usually implies , you know, trading exclusively rather than selling + trades.

7. Now for a riff on #6, the new terminology is kinda technical and not too intuitive...For instance, "Leave Conversation" is not intuitive for all that it entails now-- at least to this old fart. Maybe standardize the new terminology with the old site...or make a sticky of what new terms REALLY mean.

thanks for the long hours put in and those still ahead!

Not a big deal, but the featured thread won't dismiss when you hit the arrow and click on dismiss featured thread.

EDIT: Seems to be working now.

Last edited:
Photo album gone and all attached pics show the x box instead of pics, other wise looks great

A bonus going to the dark mode is that the Forum page is better organized - no need for the scrolling that the light mode requires.
I'm guessing that this page format will ultimately be used in the default (light) viewing mode too but if you can't stand the scrolling - change to dark.

Thanks for all the effort Sparks. Happy to be here and I welcome the change.

Ray

Thanks for all the work on this / support. I really like the changes so far. I have read a number of forum admins express frustration with supporting TapaTalk so I'm guessing it's a hassle.

I will say if we do get there it will be very much appreciated. As much of a pain as it may be, I do 75% of my forum pursuing via mobile and doing it through a cell phone browser simply stinks. Thanks again for your work on this.

Last edited:
3 things;
1) I used to be able to go to my page (and everyone else) and see "Latest posts" and "Started Threads". Is that coming back??
2) What about seeing # of posts by the avatar, as well as date they joined, and # of posts?? I generally don't deal with people who joined up an hour ago and have 2 posts.
3) I agree with Petey. Get rid of the whole "Like" BS.

For those interested in a "Dark" theme, I've uploaded one and am testing it out. You can selected it by clicking on your username at the top right, going to Preferences and then changing the style. This is live for a short time, I'm going to have to take it down to edit it to fit the forums.

^ The "Awesome Dark" theme you added is so much better- thanks, Spark! No need for sunglasses anymore. :cool:

Thank you Spark for your hard work. I love the dark theme ... so much easier on the eyes ....
Have to agree with many others about the "like", wish it wasn't there.

Thanks Spark, for letting us in yesterday even though the renovation wasn't fully complete!

Just my <personal> impressions from first blush...

1. I don't like "Like" o_O

thanks for the long hours put in and those still ahead!

^ But it's you I like, every part of you, even when you're feeling blue, Petey 2.1! Please don't change!

Spark Spark

You may be aware of this, but the footer in the Dark Theme looks like it has some built in default links that can either be configured or removed.

2017-04-17_8-47-57.png

Cannot log in to the Tapatalk app, is just listing log in failed each time. And to be clear, I need to upgrade my membership to post photos?

Thanks for everything , this is such a great resource as I'm new to the hobby
Spark said that Tapatalk is disabled on bf and at the bottom of the list and may not be supported on bf any more. As for pics you can use a photo hosting website like photobucket. FYI I was also a Tapatalk user and was disappointed when it didn't work but after hanging around here awhile this new software does everything I was using Tapatalk for! So you might just give it a go and see how you like it!

Hi, the link to the FAQ is a dead end. Maybe it is still set to link to a page on the old forum. I can't seem to PM someone, but maybe because i haven't posted here yet? We'll see.

The ability to post photos simply by uploading is great, except that it is limited by size. I have no idea what that size is. I can resize my photos but until I know the specs I get the following message, "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process."

I found a work around Spark, so all is good, thanks again.

Last edited:
Using multiple quotes in a post is confusing. Still don't understand it. o_O

I started a "Becker album" and someone added a busse pic.... is there away to delete a pic off your album even if you make it so anyone can add or view?

Also how do I PM someone? Trying to figure it out I'm on the ten buck plan that was as much as I could put down do to some unforeseen issues. So I guess can I pm with the ten buck plan?

Thx to spark and all the others who put time into the update just switch to darker colors and I much prefer the set up now than before the update..

Last edited:
You have to buy a membership before you can PM.

Daniel.

+1 Support BladeForums- please buy a membership! :cool:

Using multiple quotes in a post is confusing. Still don't understand it. o_O

^ I just did this now on this post for the first time under this new format. Where you see the "Like +Quote Reply," click on the quote for all the people you want to quote. It takes a little time to figure some of these things out...just keep trying. :)

In the old forum there was the ability to disable avatars, can't find a setting in the new format... anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back