1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important Info! Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. Software changes & FAQ info inside!

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dopic1

Dopic1 Amatuer Grinder Jockey Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Looking good so far Spark, one question. I went to my in box and it says 111% full 220 messages I have a platinum membership it wont let me send a new message. Is this an issue or do I nee to learn the new format?

2. Ankerson

Ankerson Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    In the 1st post:

" Private messaging has now become "Conversations" - private messages from before the move are still separated out as individual replies, but from today forward if you message someone, it will be a threaded conversation. PM quotas have been increased vastly as a result. "

3. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    So "leave conversation" is the same as "delete message"?
    There used to be an option to download/save private messages to my computer as text files. Is there some similar option I'm not seeing? Thanks.

4. JITDC

JITDC Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Small question, will the stickies on each forum be separated out to aid in scrolling down to new threads?

Everything else looks great and I really like the "watch forum" feature!

5. Looks good so far.

One thing I've noticed: Stickied threads are kind of hard to tell apart from regular posts, I see the red pin icon but the way they were all highlighted before made it very easy to tell everything apart. It could be because I'm on a 4K monitor so the pin is pretty far off to the right. Is it possible to move the red pin to the left right before the thread title starts? Or maybe highlight them again?

6. Ankerson

Nov 2, 2002
    Yes, leave is the same as delete.

Yeah, you can select the PM and a box opens, then there are options in there.

7. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Nicely managed migration Spark, as an IT pro I really appreciated all the info and updates throughout the process. :thumbup: (did that work? ;))

8. greatscoot

greatscoot Hambone Fakenamington Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    It appears that the quota is still wrong. Mine says 50 allowed (250 messages). I did not have this many PM's in the old system.

9. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Hmm, I'm seeing lots of options to do things like 'star" or 'lock' or 'stick' conversations. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.
    I don't see anything that sounds like downloading or saving.

10. Judohendrix

Judohendrix Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Happy Easter - Forums are looking good.

11. SurpriseGoat

SurpriseGoat Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Wow. I absolutely hate this layout. I hope this will gain you some fresh blood but i think it will be the end of this hobby for me.

GAGL likes this.
  12. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Seems my knifemaker/service providers did not transfer

13. Ankerson

Nov 2, 2002
    Looks like you can't download them.

14. trkJr

trkJr Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Can't PM or have a conversation with members.... but my member status has appparently expired. Went to upgrade and got this message:"

We could not initialize the API to charge your credit card. This is a technical error. Please contact the site Administrator for help."

15. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    says I have insufficient privileges to post in the knifemaker for sale section . I have a knifemaker subscription .

16. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Yours expired on Friday.
    Fixed.
    ------------------
    Working on other issues, I am monitoring this thread though, don't think I'm ignoring you if I didn't respond

17. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Thanks Spark, can you check out the Political Arena or an I doing something wrong that I cannot get in?

18. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002

This is what I get when I try to buy a Platinum membership;

This page isn’t working
    www.bladeforums.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

19. hellize

hellize KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 24, 2010
    What about mine? :) It will expire in autumn, but I have the same issue...hmm
    I can't open a new tread in the knifemaker's market section

20. Ankerson

Nov 2, 2002
    Can't get in either, says insignificant Privileges to post...o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.