Important Info! Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. Software changes & FAQ info inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had read that there would be an increase in message storage - but mine now shows a max of 50 (a reduction), and I'm over capacity so I cannot send messages.

This new set-up is going to take a lot of getting used to. Even figuring out how to turn off some of the more annoying features has been a tedious process (and some can't actually be turned off - as far as I can find - but I've limited access to the point that it should functionally be the same thing)

In the 1st post:

" Private messaging has now become "Conversations" - private messages from before the move are still separated out as individual replies, but from today forward if you message someone, it will be a threaded conversation. PM quotas have been increased vastly as a result. "

Understood, but when I try to start a new conversation it tells me my box is full and cannot start a conversation.

Will there ever be a "full view" or "desktop version" button for mobile devices? I really hate mobile layouts on forums. Takes forever to navigate all of the threads in a single column, short length layout.
Please, yes. Total agreement. This is super irritating.
Thanks, Neal

Test pix

Imgur share link
fCzeeU9.jpg

Copied image adress and pasted in the forum image thinghy.
fCzeeU9.jpg

Both seems to work!

1234,,,:)

KZRxBF3.jpg

The above was done with bbcode - Imgur's generated IMG links

how can i find the exchange ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm typically a fan of the darker variety website but this looks really nice and looks like you really busted your butt on this Spark I can't wait to use all the features have a great evening.

Had to reset my BF shortcut. The front page is looking better. Will be much better if it all gets set up like the exchange is now.

The way the sub forums are laid out for the Exchange looks great and would definitely cut down on the scrolling complaint.

Spark Spark

There's been a SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUE with you site since even before this migration. I noticed this started happening last month. Basically your member login function is INSECURE! When you try to login/signup to the forum, you will enter username & password and the browser will make a HTTP POST request to this URL which will authenticate user: http://www.bladeforums.com/index.php?login/login

In any website that request user to submit their username & PW, the connection need to be secure, i.e. using SSL/TLS via HTTPS so that those sensitive personal information such as password, credit card number, contact info, address etc. are encrypted so that no "man in the middle" can sniff those info. As this moment, all previously mentioned personal info by your users are unencrypted and can be stolen by any party that's sniffing traffic to your site, i.e. ISP, hosting provider, or some real malicious party trying to steal private info.

In short, all your users who logged in to this forums recently are f**ked, including myself, as im taking a risk by logging in and telling you this, because i really love this forums and would like to participate more, when it's more secure.

HOW TO FIX? (show your network/hosting/web admin this and they should know what to do, if not, fire them)
- Ensure that you use a secure SSL/TLS certificate, protocol(TLS 1.2) and Ciphers(anything >128bits)
- Ensure all connections(or at least logged in users/account management section) is done under HTTPS, NOT HTTP. I.e. All sensitive info should transmit over port 443(HTTPS) instead of port 80(HTTP) that you are currently using

For anyone who's reading this, please change your password ASAP if you reuse the same password for any of your other accounts like bank, shopping site etc. as your info may have been compromised.

Can't make any new posts. No buttons I can find.
Any help would be much appreciated,
Phil.

1, We don't keep any payment information on here, all payment & cc info is done offsite via paypal (and formerly authorize.net) and was secured when users were redirected to their secure checkout pages.
Spark Spark
In any website that request user to submit their username & PW, the connection need to be secure, i.e. using SSL/TLS via HTTPS so that those sensitive personal information such as password, credit card number, contact info, address etc. are encrypted so that no "man in the middle" can sniff those info. As this moment, all previously mentioned personal info by your users are unencrypted and can be stolen by any party that's sniffing traffic to your site, i.e. ISP, hosting provider, or some real malicious party trying to steal private info.
1, We don't keep any payment information on here, all payment & cc info is done offsite via paypal (and formerly authorize.net) and was secured when users were redirected to their secure checkout pages.
2, BladeForums has never used SSL, though we're already working on it.
3, Yeah never use the same passwords for sensitive information & banking on social media. Just not smart.

For those interested, the Exchange should be back up and running at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back