Well...It's Friday...

WOW! Over a third of a million views of this thread! Ya'll have a good friday night!

I think that is a very clean and well executed sample for a Hiking Buddy. :thumbsup:

The Bush Hermit w/natural bolstered oatmeal burlap and even today's Esquire reminds me a little of classic Spectator Shoes that a well heeled gentleman might of worn out to a a Polo Match or Horse Race back in the day...

http://www.vintageshoesaddict.com/mens_shoes/spectator_shoes.htm
Fiddleback & Shoes

it's a thing
2v2uSt3fCxurAoi.jpg

Has anyone checked in on pertinux pertinux ? I was sure that Navy (with a wee peak of green?) over Natural Bushnub II would have been heading north to join its brothers! :D

The Bush Hermit w/natural bolstered oatmeal burlap and even today's Esquire reminds me a little of classic Spectator Shoes that a well heeled gentleman might of worn out to a a Polo Match or Horse Race back in the day...

http://www.vintageshoesaddict.com/mens_shoes/spectator_shoes.htm

spec1.jpg

I can see that!

Fiddleback & Shoes

it's a thing
2v2uSt3fCxurAoi.jpg

No, no it isn't. Not with those shoes, anyway. :rolleyes:

:D

Has anyone checked in on pertinux pertinux ? I was sure that Navy (with a wee peak of green?) over Natural Bushnub II would have been heading north to join its brothers! :D
I hope pertinux pertinux picks that up. It’s haunting me.

Y'all.

1) At the time of the sale, I had just watched the latest @Fiddleback Outpost Live YouTube thingy with special guest @Fletcher Knives, so was all:

blink.gif~original

;)

2) I've brought in a host of awesome blueness of late, including the Handyman that is so beautiful it hurts my heart. For reasons of stewardship across the board (financial, yes, but time and engagement as well), I have been in the midst of a brutal winnow.* I have too much regard for the makers and the makings to have the knives become 'stuff' to me, which inevitably if regretfully happens if/when I have more than I can actively enjoy within a reasonable cycle of days. I don't feel like I've yet used any of 'em the way I long to: thoroughly.

*Meaning, I just sold two knives and have one still on the docket, painful but correct decisions.

2a) Whatever I bring in next will either displace a knife I already have and love, or need to prove itself complementary. Like a @Fletcher Knives 24/7, for example. :cool:

This week's Bushnub II is a wonderful knife, especially clothed as it is, but the pattern's handle does not fit my hand as well as that of my Patch or Handyman in the same relative size range. [Were it a Bushnub proper with a tapered tang, I would be sorely tempted all the same....]

Thanks for thinking of me, all the same. o_O

As of right now, the Bushnub II is still out there for some lucky Fiddlebacker!

[It looks like the New Blue to me, although it's hard to tell. I wonder if we'll ever see t'other again?]

~ P.

Happy Friday everyone!

Draggin butt today. I'm on call this week, got pulled into a support ticket just as I was headed to bed last night and next thing I know, was shutting the laptop so I could lay on the couch for a whole 45 minutes .. then it was time to wake the kids for school. :rolleyes:

Either way, looking forward to The Thread :thumbsup:

Happy Friday everyone!

Draggin butt today. I'm on call this week, got pulled into a support ticket just as I was headed to bed last night and next thing I know, was shutting the laptop so I could lay on the couch for a whole 45 minutes .. then it was time to wake the kids for school. :rolleyes:

Either way, looking forward to The Thread :thumbsup:
that's no bueno

howdy folks

today's offering features "the nicest Bushfinger I've ever made" according to Andy

Reactions: CAD
that's no bueno

howdy folks

today's offering features "the nicest Bushfinger I've ever made" according to Andy
If it's the one being held by a respirator - wearing chocolate teddy graham on IG, I wanted to triple Like that Bushfinger :D

Back