Attention Well, what form should our BF Forum knife's bone handles take for 2021??

Bone format??

• Smooth, beveled

Votes: 152 41.8%
  • Sawcut

Votes: 172 47.3%
  • Jigged

Votes: 40 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't go to meetings and I don't carry designated Sunday knives, so I'd be happy with a pretty knife I can use normally at my non office job. White bone doesn't give me that impression...but it would still be better than bright red, purple or blue....

I'm trying to figure out your message here...sawcut voters are deranged clowns? Are you coming around - you're going to change your vote to smooth now?
You have read too much into it. Ironically actually because the clown is saying directly what he means and is tired of the clown show pretending otherwise.

So, as the meme states I prefer saw cut.

Oh, like the Mafia?
aqNZUAX.jpg

I'm calling on Jigged Bone voters to switch their votes. There are 39 of you left at the time of my posting still tallied for jigged bone. I admire and respect wanting to stick to principles, and will appreciate those who choose to stay jigged because that's what you wanted. Simply want to point out that your votes are more powerful in the smooth vs. sawcut contest now.

Official word from the top; Bill has been running like crazy to get GEC ready for the Rendezvous, but finally got back to me!!
The construction of the knife - Nickel bolsters, and brass liners and pins!!
The bolsters are big, too big to try and form from steel. His first intention was an all steel knife, but it won't be the case here - (pun intended:rolleyes:)!!
So however that affects your final vote . . . . . . . . . . . .👍

Official word from the top; Bill has been running like crazy to get GEC ready for the Rendezvous, but finally got back to me!!
The bolsters are big, too big to try and form from steel. His first intention was an all steel knife, but it won't be the case here - (pun intended:rolleyes:)!!
So, no matter what surface texture, we should go with dark green to hide the verdigris?

And what fun would it be if we didn't have some last minute, game-changing information!

GO WILD, PEOPLE!

Whatever texture we go with. I will be voting red all the way for color. I think red smooth would look fantastic with the nickel bolsters.

I'll also be happy with smooth white. I don't mind the greening on an old knife, and I love the color change as the bone yellows with age and use. I also don't like blue-white teeth in people's smiles, as I think teeth should be ivory colored. So maybe my judgement is faulty since I find beauty in living and age.

I just really hope we don't end up with brown sawcut scales with this complex nickel bolster. I think it will look like a train wreck. I would love brown sawcut with a plainer BF or TC bolster, but not with this fancy bolster.

I mean, come what may, I'll buy the knife and add it to my collection of BF knives. I rarely carry any of the carbon steel knives, so this one is never going to get a lot of pocket time from me, but I can't imagine the sawcut brown version even getting out of the tube for a little ogling very often. My hope with my GEC knives is always that their beauty will drive me to put it in my pocket even if I really don't like carbon steel at all. I hope this knife will also be a thing of beauty.

Several people said they only wanted smooth white bone if it was paired with stainless steel. Well, it's gonna be brass, boys. Time to switch your votes back to sawcut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back