What are you doing to keep busy

Just got a temporary lay off today. Going to be still working on and off, they’re minimizing the number of people in the shop at one time for now, but it allows us to apply for EI, if this thing lasts too long. So, other than basic choring around the house, not a heck of a lot. Going to walk the dogs until they get their fill every day. Maybe start a few projects that I have the materials for already. Not a great time of year for this though. The snow is too rotten for good snowmobiling, the packed trails are too soft for good hiking, the rivers and lakes are still covered, and it’s too early for bear hunting still. I could take the Jeep out, but it’s more fun when I have a buddy riding shotgun. I guess I’ll just pull guard duty on my TP supply for the most part.

View attachment 1307866
Is that a Larue?

xSPbgNG.jpg

zh8E0zK.jpg

My plan to finish these projects got sidelined when "work from home" interuped my day.

xSPbgNG.jpg

zh8E0zK.jpg

My plan to finish these projects got sidelined when "work from home" interuped my day.

Nice :thumbsup::D

I like the key tray :thumbsup: Maybe get yourself some fiebings resolene and protect it :thumbsup: Just a thought ;):D

duramax duramax
Thanks Good idea , I have some fieblings leather dye and carnuba cream from a sheath I made ,
The carnuba cream will help also , in sealing it. Sealing it up will help to keep it cleaner and water resistant some.

No one is having more fun than my family.

Boy 5.5
Girl 3.75
Mom pregnant due in August with?
Me FEELING BLESSED AND LUCKY to be able to hang out with them as much as I do.

Also fucking around until the weekend when I find out if we bid correctly on ventilator poppit manufacturing contracts.

If we get the contracts or not I'm feeling very blessed to still be working, even though without TV and social media there is nearly zero evidence of any sickness. JUST SAYING.

Interesting times indeed.

Still working. I'm going to suggest to my manager that perhaps the signs on the road are right. (Stay Home. Save Lives)
I'll take the next 3 weeks off, after which we can consider whether I saved more lives that way vs the previous 3 weeks at work.

I'm still working... Even though I don't agree with it (my employers don't seem to be taking the threat of the virus to seriously, at least not compared to their bottom line). However, I hear that the wind may be changing... The number of cases around here just started to increase. So we'll see.

Going to work until I'm told I can't.

There exists a possibility that I could be held at work if mandatory quarantine is enforced.
-we are a constant production facility, and it isn't feasible for us to shut down.

So I'd as soon just keep going to and from

Working from home. In theory, it should be about the same as going to the office. In practice, it isn't. Not for me, anyway. I'm finding it very difficult to focus on work.

This is a very real thing, regardless of how good a person is at their job. In my old life I ran the department in charge of end user support and worked closely with HR on virtual employees. They frequently referred to studies that had pretty in depth data on no only ramp up time on productivity for virtual workers, but also their lack of use of sick and vacation time. The offset being more average work hours per week and not needing to pay for space for them in an expensive office space. Oh yeah, and employee Quality of Life/Work Life Balance..

Most of the workers at home now that were not already routinely working from home are probably operating at about 30-40% efficiency.

You should also consider current events into the factor. What thinking person can focus on anything routine with what's happening? Whether following the virus, the economy or the potential long term political impacts, it's tough to focus.

Last edited:
In my wife's role she needs to still be working, she has about 1000 employees under her managing roughly 100 apartment communities and 3500+ apartments. She has also been put in the lead as managing the response and preparedness to this crisis. As a result I'm primary care dad for our six year old, 1st grade daughter who's been on leave from school for a week with at least another two weeks to go. She is not exactly the type to sit and watch TV or play video games, she needs wind in her hair, physical activity and lots of social interaction to stay sane. My work has been limited to however much time I have energy for after she goes to bed each night, which hasn't been much :)

Today we went to Home Depot for supplies to build her new PVC mini fort in the living room, stopped at a few places for some additional supplies, went for an hour long ride on the ATV, a 45 minute hike in our woods with the dog, FaceTime'd a friend of hers she was missing and started cutting all of the PVC for the fort. Mom got to be with us for all but a couple of hours after DeWine made the announcement locking us all down except for specific reasons. She did make some killer home made spaghetti sauce that's been a 23 year learning process from me and my mom teaching her, I think she's finally beat us both.

I'm also working on an aluminum mini clicker press for my leatherworking shop that was in the early phases of being made when all of this broke loose. Every now and again I get 15-20 minutes where I can come down and drill a few holes in it. The custom dies are here for it so I am hoping by the time we come out the other side of this I can have it finished.

I was part way through remodeling the main floor bath in our home when the shut down happened, but have a toilet in the garage that needs to be installed. I'm thinking tomorrow is a good time for my daughter to learn the finer points of toilet installation. Even a kid should know where the poop goes. If she's really curious I can pop the lid on the septic and show her that end and maybe get home school bonus credit.. haha

I have about 10 other projects we may try and work on around the house and property that we will try and work on. If anything gets finished I'll post some pictures :thumbsup:

We're all going a little stir crazy and will probably get worse with the new lockdown rules, but we're all safe, healthy and together.

We watch a lot of news (Fox) and one of the best things I have heard a doctor say since this all broke out was that they have a rule in their house that everything needs to end in please and thank you, because it's a lot harder to bite someones head off if they say please or thank you.. I can report from experience it works :)

Here's our little ray of evil at a photo shoot we did for some Easter advertising at my sisters Interior Design Company last weekend. Dad needed one in front of the Margaret Thatcher books..

View attachment 1307629

I'll end my long-ass post with this video anyone with kids can find some humor in.

In my wife's role she needs to still be working, she has about 1000 employees under her managing roughly 100 apartment communities and 3500+ apartments. She has also been put in the lead as managing the response and preparedness to this crisis. As a result I'm primary care dad for our six year old, 1st grade daughter who's been on leave from school for a week with at least another two weeks to go. She is not exactly the type to sit and watch TV or play video games, she needs wind in her hair, physical activity and lots of social interaction to stay sane. My work has been limited to however much time I have energy for after she goes to bed each night, which hasn't been much :)

Today we went to Home Depot for supplies to build her new PVC mini fort in the living room, stopped at a few places for some additional supplies, went for an hour long ride on the ATV, a 45 minute hike in our woods with the dog, FaceTime'd a friend of hers she was missing and started cutting all of the PVC for the fort. Mom got to be with us for all but a couple of hours after DeWine made the announcement locking us all down except for specific reasons. She did make some killer home made spaghetti sauce that's been a 23 year learning process from me and my mom teaching her, I think she's finally beat us both.

I'm also working on an aluminum mini clicker press for my leatherworking shop that was in the early phases of being made when all of this broke loose. Every now and again I get 15-20 minutes where I can come down and drill a few holes in it. The custom dies are here for it so I am hoping by the time we come out the other side of this I can have it finished.

I was part way through remodeling the main floor bath in our home when the shut down happened, but have a toilet in the garage that needs to be installed. I'm thinking tomorrow is a good time for my daughter to learn the finer points of toilet installation. Even a kid should know where the poop goes. If she's really curious I can pop the lid on the septic and show her that end and maybe get home school bonus credit.. haha

I have about 10 other projects we may try and work on around the house and property that we will try and work on. If anything gets finished I'll post some pictures :thumbsup:

We're all going a little stir crazy and will probably get worse with the new lockdown rules, but we're all safe, healthy and together.

We watch a lot of news (Fox) and one of the best things I have heard a doctor say since this all broke out was that they have a rule in their house that everything needs to end in please and thank you, because it's a lot harder to bite someones head off if they say please or thank you.. I can report from experience it works :)

Here's our little ray of evil at a photo shoot we did for some Easter advertising at my sisters Interior Design Company last weekend. Dad needed one in front of the Margaret Thatcher books..

View attachment 1307629

I'll end my long-ass post with this video anyone with kids can find some humor in.

View attachment 1307629

Chad, lovely post about family and your lovely daughter. Times like this are great spending with family and reconnecting in person, something that had been a lost art in this digital age.

Chad, lovely post about family and your lovely daughter. Times like this are great spending with family and reconnecting in person, something that had been a lost art in this digital age.

Thanks brother, agreed 100% - I hope you are all staying safe and healthy!

Back