What are you doing to keep busy

So going forward I will try and live by a "Survival of the Fittest" philosophy.
I should have focused on health and fitness more, I "worked out" in a kind of haphazard way.
That is changing NOW!
Fitness in all areas:
Physically
Mentally
Spiritually
Financially
Family
all of it

Update: I really wish I bought stock in fitness equipment!!

I have some dumbells and kettlebells
and I finally got an ok spin bike, I tried to buy the Rogue Echo, but...
I'm getting stronger, I know who the Block Karens are, finances...we'll see what happens next...

My daughter and family are coming up from Florida for a two week visit in three weeks, so I'm getting things together. I made a new archery and target stand from 1 1/2" pvc pipe, rounded up the archery gear and throwing knives along with the spears, and the guns are always ready. Going through my tackle boxes and setting them up pretty much the same for fishing on my pond, checking over the rods and reels, along with the trolling motors. Making sure the extra 12 volt batteries are fully charged, and took my atv to be serviced and ready to go. Still can't find my box of cheap throwing stars though.:confused:

I plan on taking them to the drive-in if they will be showing something interesting; seven years ago we did pretty much the same thing and the kids loved it; first and only time they had been to a drive-in. My brother will be bringing his boat down to Stockton Lake (19 miles away) for a couple of days on the water. On top of all that we will be grilling and eating BIG!:D

I made a new archery and target stand from 1 1/2" pvc pipe, rounded up the archery gear and throwing knives along with the spears, and the guns are always ready.

So you have the kid's activities sorted, what are the adults going to do? :D

I am still home schooling that is fun some days, some days it is Hell. One more month then that party is over ,
she can go back into daycare for the summer and back to work for me if everything stays as is hopefully.
I did finally get her up on 2 wheels yesterday it was a long jouney because last year she had a broken arm that ended any bike riding.
Big celebration anyways today she is doing tricks for me now , sure am a proud Dad and great fun now for her too.

Hopefully you’re not leaving for Valhalla anytime soon—we need you! Would love to hear what your days are like right now, where you are located/what kind of hospital, and what trends you’re seeing in your area.
Valhalla will call for me, eventually.. Something I am more than prepared for!

I'm in an ICU in a major University Medical Center, which for the past 3 months has been a designated COVID-19 unit. It has slowed down quite a bit, and we're supposed to return to our normal ICU status within 2 weeks time. I imagine they will close it completely for a week, for a thorough cleaning. It has, at times, been grueling, taking a toll on many of my younger colleagues. Only 1 staff member got infected, but she was luckily very healthy and got over it like a champ.
My biggest concern right now, is the increase in patients, which is guaranteed to climb even higher following resent political events.

Uncertain times. I suppose we’re all in the same boat in terms of not knowing whether we’ve steered clear of the worst of it or if worse still lies ahead. Thanks for responding and for being there for all of us. It’s hard to imagine what you’ve been through.

Back