1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What are you waiting on, And what did you get last?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by worldwood, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    They do come up now and again. You've got to troll the exchange pretty hard tho. I've had bad timing scoring a Chopweiler, but I believe it will happen. It took three years to find a Mastiff when I had the funds to pull the trigger. If I had the scratch I'd be after that Desert Jack that's up.

ETA: Whoops, WW was posting at the same time. Good suggestion to keep the choppy fund set aside. Just be careful not to dip into it when you see something else you want. I'd have had a Mastiff in my hands a lot sooner if I had followed my own advice, lol. :)

2. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Hell if i could afford it the Rat Daddy LE would be all MINE :D

But... Buying a house and moving, much more important, that and legs. Wife would cut mine off if i bought that knife HAHA!!

3. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Oh man, bud, don't I know it. Dream blade right there. But ya, I'd be in big trouble right now ha ha!

My last scores, another Dropmandu FFG muddy/tan, a 10yr Ratweiler LE, a Rat Mastiff, and a Survive 3.5. I've got a drop point satin and black G10 Rodent Trail due any day now, and then I'd better put the binders on for awhile. :D

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  4. Wheat

Wheat Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Yeah, the wife has started to catch on to all of the "packages" showing up when I'm out of town for work.

Gonna keep my eyes peels for a chop. I've got funds set aside as needed. Just needs to be one out there for sale. Thanks for the tips guys.

5. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    The ad doesn't say it but Desert Jack (and M6) were the smallest knives to get DHT... ;)

6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I maintain a small "ASH Fund" ... generally around "One ASH" it is for the times that a spcial ASH appears and I just have to have it... ;) Just missed spedning it (by 2 minutes) a few days ago !!!

I have a B8 somewhere on the way still, a 'Weiler in foster care here, a Mountainmandu in foster care in the US and a Custom Shop order that is only "two weeks" away... !!!! I must now resist all otehr thinsg for the battle Grade ASH1s and ASH2s to come out ,..!!

7. Wheat

Feb 22, 2015
    I sent in Swamp Rat Custom Shop request for a Chopweiler. Here was the response:

I saw the email light up my phone and it was both the most exciting and depressing moment of the week.

8. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Wheat,
    Custom Shop will only make knives that they have blanks for. I think the last Choppy new from the Swamp was sold at one of the shows in 2014 (or 13) and it was a mostly serrated monstrosity...
    I'm sure CS gets asked about a Choppy at least once a month, but there weren't any sold directly in the last few years.

9. Wheat

Feb 22, 2015
    Ok cool.. Thanks for the heads up elof.

10. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    This thread needs a bump :) Satin/Tan RT drop point and muddy/tan KDSH on order!

11. coldethyl

coldethyl

Aug 18, 2008
    make the choppy, make us happy:D

12. stjones

stjones Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Just scored a mint Safari Skinner in Chuddy Bear leather!!

**seller's photo**
    [​IMG]

13. PatrickKnight

PatrickKnight

Jan 24, 2012
    I can never have a fund set aside because I will find something I kind of sorta want and bam money spent.

14. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Man don't I know it. When I was trying to build the fund, there were two M9s that came up at prices I just couldn't pass. I guess that's the 'problem,' you never know what goodie is going to be on the EX. If I had it to do over again, I still wouldn't pass on those M9's though.

Nice score on the old school rat stjones!!

15. Lance23

Lance23

Jul 24, 2014
    Just ordered my fourth and biggest yet!
    Tan canvas tanker blade Rucki.
    Had a hard time deciding between the Rodent 9 or the Rucki,
    but I feel like the 9 would be more heft than I would like.

I'll be using it as a heavy machete, now just to order up some Azwelke kydex.

16. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Josie emailed me yesterday saying my CS RMD was ready. I ordered that thing months ago, sometime before the 'operation two weeks' and 'no more custom shop orders until further notice' announcements went out. YES!

17. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I've got 2 Ratweilers (one each), and 1 or 2 Jackmandus (I think two; but I really don't remember) in the works.
    I also emailed Friday about another knife; but haven't received a reply, yet.

18. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    The Jackmandu was the first Ops 2 weeks offer I bit on. If I'm counting correctly, it's been about 13 weeks. Know it could still be a while, but the Ratweiler dings people make me hopeful a few JMDs will start slipping out soon.

19. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice! I'm ready to see some more custom shop pics. What options did you go with?

I'm waiting on two Ratweilers, and for the custom shop to reopen so they can take my money for an RMD!! :)

Great thread to bump BTW, bud. :thumbup:

20. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    RMD with FFG and swedge. Tanker and tan canvas.