1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What are you waiting on, And what did you get last?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by worldwood, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Need2Know

Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    You either read my posts or my mind.

2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Both mate, both ... ;)

3. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Rodent 6 finally came in. It's massive. Not that much longer than the Ratmandu, and the grip is virtually identical except for the upper thumb ramp extends into the upper guard. It feels better in the hand in a choked up grip (index finger in the choil) because of the upper guard, IMO. But with the thickness of the blade, it just feels massive. Probably not going to nudge out the Ratmandu in general chores, but for the heavier duty, or camping/woods wandering, it will probably be my preferred. Need to thin out the edge just a little, though. Right now, I think it could cut through fence wire! Great for a combat blade, not so necessary for me. Paid to customize it with desert sage, stayed with black micarta. No pics right now.

4. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    Congrats that is a great combo.

5. stereo.pete

stereo.pete

Apr 7, 2013
    So I have a Busse TGLB and a Swamp Rat RMD, I finally added a SYKCO Safety Mutt to the collection to round out the Busse brands!

6. D-Ranger

D-Ranger

Oct 26, 2008
    Well, in a nutshell...
    Thursday afternoon, at the post office I collected these from the Cabo Wabo KnoboGanzaaa:
    #4 Ratweiler Prototype
    #30 Ratmandu Variant
    #22 Rodent 5 Variant

And yesterday evening Lexi sent me this:
    "Congratulations!
    You scored in the recent Blade Ganza!!

Infi Rmd with tan canvas
    Indi Rmd with black G10
    Infi Rmd with blue/black G10"

My top choices and again all Rats, all good!! :D:thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers, Arnt

7. PatrickKnight

PatrickKnight

Jan 24, 2012
    Well my birthday RMD was delivered yesterday. Tanker Grey with black canvas and they actually took the time to put a little birthday card in there. This truly is the best knife company on the planet.

Thank you so much Josh and crew!!!

The timing couldn't have been any better because Thursday night I was splitting some birch up so my wife and I could have a fire and broke the tip right off the knife I was using at the time so now that knife is about 1/2 inch shorter with a flat tip :). Now that I have a Rat in the house again she is going to expect me to make a fire every night.

8. Hindsight

Dec 8, 2011
    Glad you like it. Now start splitting to get a head start on the fires.

9. knife chop

knife chop

Feb 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

My woods blades!

10. 2Dead

2Dead Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Waiting on my Infimandu right now :) Last I got was a used RMD from the Exchange.

11. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012

Me, too. And a 3.5" steak knife from the Cabo Wabo Ganza, both in Black G10.

12. stereo.pete

stereo.pete

Apr 7, 2013
    Bank account was just tapped for the Safety Mutt, she should be here soon!

13. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    An ASH1.... :D

14. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    I just got my chopweiler back from getting some edge work done....... It was already great... But now it bites deeper than ever and cleanly shaves hair with no issues. Also got my comp cutter back from getting tuned up as well and it's also performing excellent. Keffeler did an amazing job on both them.

15. magoo48

magoo48

Jan 11, 2009
    Aaah. Finally waiting on an INFIDU.....

16. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Well, one might be heading my way in 'two weeks' as well... Ok 2-14 weeks... ;)
    And a Beefmandu... :D

17. Hindsight

Dec 8, 2011
    You will like both of them.

18. PatrickKnight

PatrickKnight

Jan 24, 2012
    Why is this not surprising, Andy soon enough you will own all of these ever made!!!

19. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    .... I am working on it....but some people resist my persistent offers to re-home unloved ASH1s !!! There were two exchanged on the EX here while I was in the bush that should have been MINE..!!! ;) LOL

20. Zymologist

Zymologist

May 21, 2012
    Just ordered an M6 can't wait to put my paws on it.