What are you watching & why? (splain)

There's been 2 seasons of The Terror, and their "thing" is to set these supernatural stories within real historical events. The first one was set during a real expedition to find the northwest passage, and the title has double meaning, as the main ship is the HMS Terror (the other being the Erebus). The 2nd season is set in a Japanese internment camp in CA during WWII.
For some reason, The Terror has been really underwhelming to me. I liked the whole atmosphere of the second season, but I just didn't enjoy the story at all.

Currently watching From and really enjoying it.

Don't think I've seen the 2nd season of "Terror." I'll have to look for it.

I have an interest in the "setting" of the 2nd season but I'm not sure how it made sense to morph the show from one based in the 1840's on a ship in the Arctic into one in a Japanese internment camp during WWII in the 1940's. Quite a stretch IMO.

On a side note: I don't think "spoils" anything to say that polar bears come into play in both "North Water" and the 1st season of "Terror,"
Yeah they are totally different, only sharing the name (2nd one is actually The Terror: Infamy). 2nd one is more of a ghost story.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but we are now watching The Last Kingdom, on Netflix. 5 Seasons (so far). It is British and I think made for the English audience. It starts in the 800's AD where the Danes are conquering all of England (which I never knew). It has the GoT vibe and we are almost done with season 1.

Just watched the 1st 12 picks in the 2022 NFL Draft on ESPN

So, Im going to watch "Draft Day" again later on DVD 2nite . ;)

Not sure if I mentioned this, but we are now watching The Last Kingdom, on Netflix. 5 Seasons (so far). It is British and I think made for the English audience. It starts in the 800's AD where the Danes are conquering all of England (which I never knew). It has the GoT vibe and we are almost done with season 1.
I watched that I think 2 years ago and then finish last year when the final season came to the Fli. I really enjoyed it.

Just watched the 1st 12 picks in the 2022 NFL Draft on ESPN

So, Im going to watch "Draft Day" again later on DVD 2nite . ;)
Only movie where I can actually stand Jen Garner . . . or Ellen Burstyn, for that matter. Actually, on second thought . . . no, I don't like Elllen Burstyn in Draft Day, either. But Frank Langella is a lot of fun. Overall, it's a fun movie - a guilty pleasure. But there was a lot of slight of hand with those trades . . . when the dust settled, he essentially traded three second round picks for a high number one, and I just don't see that happening.

Back in the real world my dumbass Dolphins GM Chris Grier traded a boatload of picks and a gazillion dollars in salary for The Cheetah. Which means they don't even have a pick until the end of the third round. How can a franchise this crappy, which has not won a single playoff game this century, find itself in a position where they don't even have any high draft picks to botch?

This also means there is a one million percent chance that Tyreek Hill tears an ACL and/or gets a really bad concussion and misses a ton of games.

So for the first time in years, I cannot bring myself to even watch the Draft. :(

Only movie where I can actually stand Jen Garner . . . or Ellen Burstyn, for that matter. Actually, on second thought . . . no, I don't like Elllen Burstyn in Draft Day, either. But Frank Langella is a lot of fun. Overall, it's a fun movie - a guilty pleasure. But there was a lot of slight of hand with those trades . . . when the dust settled, he essentially traded three second round picks for a high number one, and I just don't see that happening.

Yeah, it's just a movie -- not reality -- what GM would give up three 1st round picks for a QB prospect? -- but I've always found it entertaining.

Can't count the # of x's that I've watched it.

Garner was there for the romantic diversion. I thought she was believable as a romantic partner for Costner; smart but not too gorgeous or "in your face." The movie would have probably been boring w/o that angle and I think that Burstyn was there to provide a foil to Garner (which made Garner more sympathetic).

While the "action" was focused on the "deal making," what made the movie more interesting to me was how Costner's character struggled with trying to make his GF, mother and boss "happy," while also trying to make the best possible deal to improve his team "in his own way."

Of course, it all worked out well for him in the end but, like his 3 "feel good" baseball movies -- Bull Durham, Field of Dreams and For Love Of The Game -- what else would you have expected? 🤷‍♂️

Back in the real world my dumbass Dolphins GM Chris Grier traded a boatload of picks and a gazillion dollars in salary for The Cheetah. Which means they don't even have a pick until the end of the third round. How can a franchise this crappy, which has not won a single playoff game this century, find itself in a position where they don't even have any high draft picks to botch?

This also means there is a one million percent chance that Tyreek Hill tears an ACL and/or gets a really bad concussion and misses a ton of games.

The 49ers gave up their 1st round pick (which I think was 29th) and don't have their 1st pick until #61 in the 2nd round tonight. There other picks are in the 90's and above. So, I don't expect them to do/get much out of this draft but, who knows? It's unlikely but they still may be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

My main concern about them at the moment is whether they're going to have to keep Jimmy G (because the7 F'd up failing to make a trade deal by the deadline for him) AND then lose Debo Saunders (who apparently wants to be paid or traded based on what he did last year) because they still have to pay Jimmy G what he's due on his contract and can't pay Debo what he wants because of the cap.

And, since don't have picks high enough to get a "quality" prospect at WR or RB to replace what Debo can do, then just end up w/an overpaid "2nd string" QB to "coach" Trey Lance (who is still a QB in training) from the sidelines w/o Debo (or anyone of equal quality ) to throw to AND w/o a comparable running back to what Debo can also do aat that position.

What a mess! :(

So for the first time in years, I cannot bring myself to even watch the Draft. :(

I don't usually bother watching the Draft but, it just happened to be on when I turned on the TV. LOL! ;)

Didn't know anything about the prospects drafted in the 1st round but I did find the emphasis on picking defensive players interesting. The #1 and #2 picks were both "edge" players (aka pass rushers). How often does that happen?

Last edited:
Sorry you don't like the time out...but you have 36 points worth of infractions since the end of December from six separate occasions. 14 more points and you'd be banned from the site. I think the time out is preferable if your plan is to stick around and continue as a member here. Actions have consequences.

Back