What are your favorite brands?

Zero Tolerance
Kershaw
Shun
Great Eastern Cutlery

I’m a fanboy and I’m not ashamed at all

Laguiole (any high-end maker in either the town of Laguiole or the Thiers area) for classic folders.
Opinel for budget folders.
Mora and Hultafors for budget 'throw in your bag' fixed blades.
Terava for no-nonsense insanely tough camp/outdoor/military fixed blades that won't break the bank.
Tramontina for home-improveable machetes.
Leatherman for multitools.
Silky for tree/pruning saws.
Gransfors Bruks for axes.

For me it's three with a probable soon to be fourth.

1. Spyderco - The warranty, combined with the affordability of great EDC knives is awesome. Combine that with almost plenty of combinations of knives and steel and handles, you get a pretty solid company.

2. Cold Steel - JBC already alluded to this but Cold Steel knives are what I would consider working knives. The Tri-Ad lock is stupid strong, I've had zero blade play with my recon 1. And the prices are unbeatable, ex. Recon 1 (S35VN, 4", G-10, Tri-Ad) for 75 bucks on Amazon when I got it.

3. Microtech - Just awesome fit and finish combined with plenty of options. The ultratech is something to behold as is the Socom Elite. My only gripe is the price but tight tolerances cost money.

4. CRK - My grail knife (Large Sebenza 31)t I plan on getting for a graduation gift to myself. The warranty and company speak volumes to CRK's values. I love how they've continued to improve their reputation as well. Again, price is a gripe, especially with the material choices, but my gosh you can't beat that warranty and service (or so I've been told by you guys!).

CRK just has such a great simple range of products really appeal to me, once they get an impinda out there with a insingo style blade I'll be a full on fanboy.

Cudeman has to be a big favorite for me just for their slupjoint offerings for a reasonable value. GEC for a higher end traditional fix

Spyderco really just has the guts to try anything even if it's more miss than hit.

Manly is just another great material/quality value.

Fixed blades usually always fall somewhere in the Ontario/ka-bar/esee front for me

1. Zero Tolerance
2. Mick Strider
3. Rick Hinderer
4. Protech
5. Lionsteel
6. Arno Bernard
7. Fantoni
8. Benchmade
9. Spyderco
10. Medford

Cold Steel
CPK
Shannon Steel Labs

Hoping to add Redmeadow to the list soon

I only have 2 knives, both from Cold Steel, and they both serve me well.

But I also really like ESEE. Unfortunatley I don't own any of their products, but their warranty is absolutley awesome. They 100% stand behind their product.

I have a somewhat modest collection of roughly 55 folding knives. I know many collectors can fill a small room. Lol Almost evenly divided between ZT, Benchmade and Spyderco. I do own 3 Cold Steel Recon 1's. Spear, tanto and clip point. Each and every knife is bought with use in mind. I own nothing that cannot or will not be carried. So these 3 brands cover any and all bases for me.

I recently got into knives and I started with an Esee 3 Mil, then what do you know, a few weeks later somehow I ended up with the Candiru, Inzula 2, Esee 4, 5, 6 and Junglas. Love Esee. So many color options.

Hmm. A brief survey of what’s most often in pockets reveals:

1. Cold Steel
2. Ontario
3. Böker

* Then there’s the Microtech, which is presently my only automatic knife that is still an automatic, and usually accompanies whichever one of the aforementioned I’m carrying on any given day.

Buck I have 40+
Case - 8
GEC - 1 stockyard whittler
And about 10 or so various odd brands.
I’d say Buck is my favorite.

Back