What are your ZT wishes for the Blade Show 2014?

A 566 black wash with tan or od green g10 scale would float my boat. Really looking forward to the ZT Emerson colabs and the Kershaw Emerson colabs. A 550 sized spanto flipper or assisted would be hot too.

Hopefully some of the requests for just under 3" blades will come to fruition one day. Generally speaking, that's my one true wish from ZT.

:thumbup::thumbup:....my "small folder" rotation would change drastically

I can't say that my rotation would change drastically as I already have some really nice small folders. But being able to throw some ZTs into the mix would be awesome! The 0770CF is a step in the right direction, of course. I remain hopeful it hits dealer shelves before 2014 Blade begins.

Since we've brought up the Wharncliffe thing and the 3" or just under thing, I'd like to add - small blade, full size handle.

Inexpensive and non-ZT styled folders (thinner stock, slimmer profile) with a steel like 154cm, like that one model I can never remember the name of... I just call it "Why did you not buy that, idiot!" which was a nice slender manual flipper with a 154cm blade, and they became impossible to find pretty quickly. Now when they come up on the exchange they are towards $200 when they were barely $100 new...

I like manual flippers. Proper design with PB washers can be nearly as smooth as bearings.

I would like more folders with a four-way swappable pocket-clip! Really cannot stand that almost all the limited runs and collabs of the last two years suddenly came strictly tip-up, while I used to love ZT's so much for making all their knives with a four-way swappable pocket-clip. Even the new Hinderer collab comes strictly tip-up (while any Hinderer folder is standard delivered tip-down). Yes, unfortunately I can only carry tip-down. That limits my options enough already.

Ah yeah...I'd love to see the Volt 3600 return. I wouldn't mind if they selected less fancy steels for it (elmax + sandvik instead of M390 + D2). Also like to see a non-composite variant of the 0454, similar to the prototype.

Nothing returning. I prefer something new. Something new design from existing designers.
Maybe a new Sinkevich or Hinderer design. Perhaps something from Tim Galyean (eg ZT MOAB). Or some inhouse design, from selection of premium materials and exotic steel.
New technology? I do not think so.
A new collaboration? Maybe, but I think it's not a big chance.

Whatever it is, it will sound big, and is expected to have a good chance for "Overall Knife of the Year 2014" award. Because it will be a new ZT. :)

I'm biased? Maybe. :)

A khukuri style fixed blade in CPM-3V:thumbup:.

Probably not really military/police use, but unparalleled for yard work, and plenty of people have yards(or someone else's) to work.

What are your ZT wishes for the Blade Show 2014?

For ZT dealers to deliver to customers 0770CF, 0801CF and 0888MAX before the start of Blade Show on D-Day, June 6th. :)

Last edited:
What are your ZT wishes for the Blade Show 2014? For ZT dealers to deliver to customers 0770CF, 0801CF and 0888MAX before the start of Blade Show on D-Day, June 6th. :)
If KAI doesn't release those models by the time Blade Show begins, I'd suggest they reintroduce them so folks don't get the impression that they've forgotten about them. It would be shame to have those models fall off the radar when the new models show up.

Last edited:
Stone washed pocket clip on the Zt 0566 instead of the black that shows wear so fast.

If KAI doesn't release those models by the time Blade Show begins, I'd suggest they reintroduce them so folks don't get the impression that they've forgotten about them. It would be shame to have those models fall off the radar when the new models show up.

I dont think you have anything to worry about. If videos people make of the trade shows is any indicator they seem to bring an example of everything that is currently in production or to be produced. I think its safe to say that any models announced last year that havent made it to production yet will at least have their prototypes available for display.

Back