What brand of knife has killed the most people?

I'm not asking this to be gory but there is so much talk about "tactical" knives and "knife Fighting" on here it got me thinking. In the last 100 years what knife has probably killed the most people? My thinking is, that it is probably not a tactical knife at all. And for this purpose I'm going to exclude Military Knives and people killed during war.

My guess would be either Opinel, because they have been around so long and so many people have them or some model of Buck knives have probably killed the most people. So probably the best knife for self defense, is what ever knife you are carrying.

Cheap Chinese s**t that people buy online and at swap meets, buck fixed blades, and kitchen knives.

Nearest cheapo available would be my guess.

'Cheapo' because those are legion as opposed to state of the art fancy custom knives.

I've no empirical evidence, as I never killed anybody with a knife (well, no Homo Sapiens anyway).

Whichever company made trench knives and/or bayonets in WWI, I would bet.
Second is probably going to be the most common kitchen knife manufacturer.
Aside from that, I recall reading or seeing something about there being far more Smith and Wesson knives in evidence lockers than any other brand. I could be entirely misremembering that, though.

Probably those various "no-name brand" daggers out of Europe and the Middle East ;)

Image1.jpg

img_939122_31048686_1

What kind of idiotic question is this??? :confused: Oh yeah, I forgot, we're in "general"... :rolleyes:

You want to know what killed the most? Machetes and pangas used in Africa to commit genocide. Tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands at a time.

Pretty easy to kill when one side has all the weapons.

Yes. You asked a pretty ignorant and tasteless question. I hope you feel all warm inside now.

Kitchen knives are probably the clear winner. I was thinking more a long the lines of knives people carry on their person.

This site is one of, if not the best knife resources on the web. A veritable treasure trove of information. AG Russell and Bernard Levine frequent this site, as well as a lot of other knife legens, and those men have forgotten more than you or I will ever know. Now, knowing all of that, are there any other questions you want to ask?

Been in a position to investigate a few early and unscheduled departures from this existence in the last few decades, and I would have to agree with the no-name kitchen knife. At least for the United States, in modern times. As for knives carried on the person, I can't recall any instances (where the knife was recovered) of a a $300, double edged, serrated Unobtainium blade, tanto pointed, coated with the black mist from Hades, assisted flipper, with sculpted handled made from a Cyclops' leg bone, with a paracord lanyard and a troll skull bead kind of knives. Just my experience, YMMV.

There is a pretty good article in the April 2013 called Cloak and Daggers, which was about president Lincoln's assassination. I won't ruin the story for you though.

This is all speculation, we should stick to questions that can be definitively answered:

What knife brand has killed the most car hoods? Cold Steel

What knife brand has killed the most meat-filled boots? Cold Steel

Back