What Buck are you carrying today?

Since I have my eye on either a 110 or 112 auto, I am carrying an original 110 and 112 alternately this week. I am judging which will feel better in the hand for most tasks. It's strange going back to the OG 110: It seems larger in every way than my aluminum 110 but the dimensions are the same. Weight really changes perception.

Zieg

This one...

o53PAIv.jpg

Finally picked one of these babies up. My oh my, she's on the large size. I used to have an LB7( back in the mid eighties), which I hated, as it was too big and bulky and the blasted sheath kept getting snagged on stuff. I soon traded the LB7 to my wife's nephew for a new pair of work boots (he probably sold the knife for "pharmaceutical" purchases and the knife was easier to pawn than work boots).

However, now that I am a "gentleman of leisure" (retired) I quite like this 110 just fine.
He3wu1u.jpg

Carrying heavy today. 389 Canoe, August BOTM 110, 110 SPP and an 893.
20200904_144418-03.jpeg

The Canoe has quickly become a favorite and has found it's way into a pocket almost every day. I was lucky to find one with really dark scales, as dark as any ebony I've seen yet.

The BOTM arrived on Monday and boy howdy did I get a beauty. It's flawless! My hat is off to those that created it. I decided to remove the clip and carry it on the belt in the distressed brown case.

The Slim Pro Plus just arrived yesterday. I am very happy with it other than the red liners are hardly visible at all. No worries though, everything else about it is perfect.

I couldn't decide on the Tanto or the spear point for the GCK family so I just went ahead and purchased both. I can already tell the Tanto will reside in my Get Home bag in the vehicle. The northern range of my territory is pretty remote and I'll feel much more at ease with it in the bag.

Last edited:
Back