What Buck are you carrying today?

Larrin Special for a hike in the woods.

ipixgbU.jpeg

Last edited:
I just received my BCC KOA 112 and it does not disappoint! The finish is perfect and the wood looks so much better than I expected. Can anyone tell me why the tang stamp reads tip down on this as opposed to every other 112 I own? It makes no difference to me, I'm just curious.

wMmzTwg.jpg

mOclQSp.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why the tang stamp reads tip down on this as opposed to every other 112 I own? It makes no difference to me, I'm just curious.
Pat, the first 112 produced had Micarta scales and a two line tang stamp. I believe BCCI wanted a retro feel to this 112 for the 35th Anniversary. Using Koa instead of Micarta so as not to replicate.
RHFBX3P.jpg

I went back to the 112...S45VN nickel silver bareheaded I think it is a Danny special? The 2 line tang stamp is because Buck used blades that came with the special LE for the 50th anniversary that was over $300.00..I think it is 440 C too..

So? What do you think?
I like my regular 112, but this one keeps finding it's way back on my belt.:)
I love everything about it! Pictures don't do this knife justice, especially BCCI's photos. I like the KOA better than I thought. In addition to it's shimmering beauty, it has a wonderful texture to it and it compliments the brass very well. I like that they used Buck's 420HC 440C blade steel and no nail nick makes the blade look clean. This is currently my favorite 112.

kmmKLUQ.jpg

Last edited:
Back