What Buck are you carrying today?

Got my image count down, but still 150% over my size quota.
pjsjr pjsjr Ironbut Ironbut . Never had a 112 like this. The brass is very dark. Looks dense and heavy. The pins, contrast and are almost pink in the light. The new 112s I've gotten in the past have bright yellow brass bolsters and the pins are almost invisible... this one is more of an orange gold. Polished as expected, but showing green and blue under the shine. It looks super nice.
So you can not post photos.

Would like to see your knife...I have seen bolsters that have pins showing but not like you are describing the ones on your knife.

Today I'm carrying a new drop point 112 in S30V. I have been watching the Buck website for weeks and they finally got them in. Sold out though in a few days. This one isn't perfect. They must have been in a hurry to get them finished but I can touch it up and rebuff it. It's going to be a user so I'm not too concerned. Got a 110 set up the same way too. I'm looking forward to trying out the DP in the 112 size.

13ivZtk.jpeg

pjsjr pjsjr Ironbut Ironbut . Never had a 112 like this. The brass is very dark. Looks dense and heavy. The pins, contrast and are almost pink in the light. The new 112s I've gotten in the past have bright yellow brass bolsters and the pins are almost invisible... this one is more of an orange gold. Polished as expected, but showing green and blue under the shine. It looks super nice.
Yeah, my bolsters look like those on a regular 112, and if I hold mine at just the right angle, I can barely make out the pins on the front bolsters.

I would be interested in knowing if there is any weight difference in the odd looking 112..
dont know if youre reffering to mine... I thought there was a chance it was a more pure brass. rosewood 112 and ebony 112 are 6oz exactly, with rivets. Koa knife weighs 5.7, but no rivets... dont think theres anything special going on... it probably just got that way in the box over time...

dont know if youre reffering to mine... I thought there was a chance it was a more pure brass. rosewood 112 and ebony 112 are 6oz exactly, with rivets. Koa knife weighs 5.7, but no rivets... dont think theres anything special going on... it probably just got that way in the box over time...

Yeah, that's what it looks like. Nothin' wrong with that. Nice looking wood on that one, too. Then again, I haven't seen an ugly one yet.:).

Today I'm carrying a new drop point 112 in S30V. I have been watching the Buck website for weeks and they finally got them in. Sold out though in a few days. This one isn't perfect. They must have been in a hurry to get them finished but I can touch it up and rebuff it. It's going to be a user so I'm not too concerned. Got a 110 set up the same way too. I'm looking forward to trying out the DP in the 112 size.

13ivZtk.jpeg
Keep us posted on how you like it. I have the 110 and 112 versions in 420, and they're fantastic.

Keep us posted on how you like it. I have the 110 and 112 versions in 420, and they're fantastic.
Will do! It’s funny how as others have mentioned, the edge profile is exactly the same as the clip point but the feel of the knife is different. Hard to explain. I can see myself carrying this particular 112 in my pocket when I’m not needing a bigger blade. I still like the 110 clip point better for most things but I bet the DP 110 goes with me more often when I am camping. I guess we will see. It’s fun to have options!

Great for old Chevys though, I bet... pretty humid and salty here in the "Ocean State."
That was before they started using mag chloride. I spent several of my army years around Baltimore(Ft. Belvoir and Ft. Holabird) and know of the humid you speak.

Back