What Buck Do You Have on Order? Or in the Mail?

March BOTM 117 Brahma, S35VN steel, olive drab green canvas Micarta. I tried to resist, but it was futile. As far as I can tell, I got the fourth one from last. It will be joining my 117 stacked leather handle. Pics to follow, when it arrives, in the "What's you newest Buck" thread.

1647738678512.png

My birthday is near the end of May. I told my wife that I want a 112 from the Custom Shop. I told her all of the features that I want but I want her to choose the handle material. That way, even though I know what I'm getting, it will still be a surprise.

I ordered a 'Buckmaster LT 185' from an online vendor. They had it listed as being in mint condition with original box and paperwork 🤞

Here are the two pics that were on the website of it...

1640-2T.jpg1640-3T.jpg

I shared the following on General Discussion about something I found out about this incoming knife. Buck Knives contracted a company by the name of 'Schilling Forge' located in Syracuse NY to make the forged blanks for this model. This same company, still having the Schilling Forge name, is now currently owned by their parent company, Cutco.
Well, Cutco also owns KaBar, and it happens to be that the Schilling Forge is who supplies Kabar with the forgings that wind up being the KaBar 'Wrench Knife' 😊

Btw, if anyone here knows what company forged the blades for Buck's Buckmaster 184 hollow handled survival knives, please share that information here 👍
It was not Schilling Forge, because I contacted them today, and while they verified having forged the one piece Buck 185 knives, they said that they have no record of doing their Buck 184 blades.

Last edited:
I realized that I had two 105s (bone and cocobolo 5160) and two 102s (bone and red micarta S30V). Neither of them were the basic black phenolic handles. I thought it would be nice to add both of these basic Bucks to my collection. I decided to order the Black Phenolic 102 420HC tonight.

So what did I order? The 102 Woodsman Pro Green Canvas Micarta, S35NV. Why can't I order a basic knife without getting distracted by "shiny objects", like some cat? (It didn't help that I received the 117 BOTM yesterday.)

So now I suppose I will be adding the 105 Pro in the future... and then the 119 Pro....and then the 120 Pro. Without having the basic 102 and 105 black phenolics in my collection. (Luckily I have the black phenolic 119 and 120.)

And I just realized there is as 103 Pro also.....

That's funny. Relatable as well.
I have done my best to avoid the Pro series micarta handled knives as I know it will become another quest.

And then I go and order last year's Kalinga with the micarta and brass handle. But hey, it's brass, so.....
I repeatedly put off ordering the wood and brass handled one, then suddenly they're part of the flipper frenzy group of knives..... Someone's even trying to sell a box for $90. 🤔

I still think collecting just the boxes could be strangely fulfilling.
You could amass a large collection of empty knife boxes, and impress folks that didn't know they were empty.

When they finally come out with the Vanguard Pro version I'll be all in. 😊

Last edited:
Fingers crossed I have secured a Buck GCK spear point. The place I ordered from says it is on back order (+-2 month wait), which hopefully is true as it would appear Buck has discontinued the GCK after the BOTM model.

I've gotten over trying to have entire sets. on the pros 100s i have the 119, 120, and 117 botm. I just buy the knives I like now.....easier on the wallet and collecting space.
Ditto here. A few 102 and 103 models would fill out a few series for me but I can't justify the extra funds at the moment.

I'm still suckered in for a few models that appeal to me and will likely never see any use. Eventually I'll start selling off some of these in the future as space is becoming an issue. 😞

I decided on collecting odd 112's many years ago and really glad I did. Trying to collect a whole series or especially by tang stamp (such a small thing visually) just didn't move me.

State tax return received! On order a 105 Green Micarta Pro! I think I am done with this series - with having the 102, 105 and 117 BOTM. I also ordered a whish list item: [ bucksway bucksway ] a 112 Ebony with finger grooves. Next on my whish list is a 105 phenolic. (I may not have any funds left for the April BOTM - hopefully it is something I can pass on...)

1648871166416.png1648871218541.png

Just ordered a 110 drop point from Bucks website. Always wanted a 110, and really love the drop point blade. If I really like it, I see one from the custom shop, in a better steel and elk scales in my future.

I really want the 112 drop point. It's been in my cart for a while. (I already have a 110 drop point.) Per above ^^^, I ended up going with the 112 finger groove instead. I do have a 110 finger groove from the Custom Shop, but would like to get another one for carry.

I'm undecided on what new 112's I plan to get..I know I need 2 50th anniversary brass for Customs I'm planning to take to the Blade Show and I have a new Pro in S30V and Nickel silver I want to have a full blown Custom made but the New Sport looks really good too. Buck jail looms if I'm not careful!

On order: 105 Pathfinder Phenolic, a 112 Drop Point, and a 112 Ranger Sport S30V. I think I need an intervention. At least I have completed some of my wish-list items.

(Also arrived today: 112 Ranger Finger Groove Genuine Ebony and a 105 Pathfinder Pro S35VN, Green Canvas Micarta Handle)

Back