1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What did you rehang today?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Irongun324, May 1, 2013.

1. Irongun324

Irongun324

Mar 22, 2012
    We have a thread for found axes, axes in use, what about axes done being fixed?

I'll start with my latest rehang. Fleetwood single bit by Collins on a Truper handle from Lowe's. The grain run out is not exciting, time will tell how it does. Not exactly a beautiful specimen with the edge shape and possibly bent on the top view, but it's back in service.

EDIT: Forgot to mention it was a Christmas present from the in-laws since I've gotten into axes lately. It came with an old pick and an unknown, possibly blacksmith tool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. Coloradoman24

Coloradoman24

Nov 3, 2012
    Nice work I am going to like this thread. I only got a atha 8pound sledge hung but no pictures

3. bearhunter

bearhunter

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm not seeing pics :(

4. John Frankl

John Frankl

Oct 16, 2001
    Me neither:(

5. M3mphis

M3mphis

Jan 13, 2011
    Nice thread idea. I'd love to see your pics!

6. Irongun324

Irongun324

Mar 22, 2012
    Yeah ill fix these at a computer later.

7. Irongun324

Irongun324

Mar 22, 2012
    How about now?

8. cooperhill

cooperhill

Nov 14, 2011
    Is fleetwood around the same time as Collins Bonded. The logos look similar. Nice work.

9. stax

stax

Jan 6, 2009
    I rehung a Kelly Registered axe i picked up the other day for a few bucks, on the handle it came with. Looked at it a little while later and notice a crack near the eye that I swear wasn't there before. Went from having a pretty cool collectible to junk in minutes. I'll try for pics later, I hope.

10. A Visitor

A Visitor

Jan 19, 2009
    not a axe.....did hang a passed down eight pound sledge . Ground the mushroom and did a quick polish first. I like the contrast of deep rust pits and a polished striking surface.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. hepclass

hepclass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Nice vise too!

12. cooperhill

cooperhill

Nov 14, 2011
    Sweet sledge A Visitor.

Hung this no name boy's axe. It has ribs in the eye so it might be a Kelly. It also looked like it was painted red. It's for my great uncle who is 96. Hung it on a 28" boys axe handle from O.P. link. They seem to be pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. bearhunter

bearhunter

Sep 12, 2009
    Nice Coop, your uncle will love it :)

14. jmh76

jmh76

Mar 27, 2012
    Here's a Plumb Boys axe (my Dads old axe). I still remeber him using it. I hung on a House handle octagaon. I have never had any luck with metal wedges but I tried and split it a little as you can see. I pulled the wedge as soon as I saw the split. Oh well, it probably will not be the last handle in her.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

15. halfaxe

halfaxe

Nov 29, 2012
    I got this Collins Connecticut off a popular auction site. It had an owners name written in magic marker really big on the 32" handle. Nobody else bid so I got it cheap. I just had to remove the head and sand off the name and smooth out the rough spots.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

16. Irongun324

Irongun324

Mar 22, 2012
    Pretty good looking guys!

I've got a True Temper, Kelly Axe and Tool Co double bit on my plate next. Beat up a bit, but still seems solid. Will know more once I get the wirecup to it. I'm trying to save the handle. It's solid, but bows in both directions a bit. I ran the fireplace today, so I set it on top to heat it up and used some wood clamps to straighten it out. We'll see if it holds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. bearhunter

bearhunter

Sep 12, 2009
    :cool:
    I somehow missed that one :confused:

18. cooperhill

cooperhill

Nov 14, 2011
    plumb victory cedar axe. There are actually two in the soaker - the one in front was hung yesterday. Picked up a flint edge hatchet with a hudson bay style handle. was able to reuse the handle on this plumb axe. It has some checking and cracking but hopefully it will hold up to some moderate/light use.

[​IMG]

19. cooperhill

cooperhill

Nov 14, 2011
    picked up this true temper flint edge "hatchet" for $9 this weekend. Used the handle on the plumb axe above. Hung the flint edge tonight on a 19" re-use/saved handle. Came out nice I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    I haven't done an axe for a few weeks. But I made a new handle for this auger last week and re-handled a little army shovel today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]