What did your SAK do today?

Not today, but the other day I used my Soldier to open several cans of stuff while preparing dinner. I cook about 3 to 4 times a week, different types of dishes. It's the only can opener I use. Easier, faster and cleaner than my actual can openers.

I use the awl to scrape the waxy stuff off of apples,before washing them.

I use the bottle opener/screw driver sometimes as a light prying tool, or to open cereal boxes without tearing the opening tabs.

With my Executive, I often use the nail file. I used the small blade to open the wrapping on a DVD and the larger blade to open mail. The toothpick to pick my teeth. The scissors to clip discount movie tickets from the newspaper.

Jim

Yesterday I used the pruning blade on my Pioneer Rancher to open the blister packaging on some items. It's a great tool for that purpose.

20120830_151206.jpg

Yesterday I used the pruning blade on my Pioneer Rancher to open the blister packaging on some items. It's a great tool for that purpose.

I always wondered what people do with the pruning blade too (besides pruning) for EDC purposes. I can imagine it would work pretty well on those dang blister packs.

I am carrying my Soldier today. It opened my mail and attached the new license plate to my Jeep!

Two days ago I was on a short trip and stabbed myself with the awl. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I was using the awl to break a wire tie, when the awl slipped and I jerked the blade right into my arm. That was the only "task" I used the SAK for during the whole trip. Be careful out there!

CA08311221511171-M.jpg

i-VHf4RwH-M.jpg

Yikes Rotte! Hope you heal up okay!

Today my Vic Farmer:

Demonstrated how to strike a ferro rod to my friend that stopped by (awl)
Cut open a package (spear blade)
Opened a few beers for a beer tasting at work (cap lifter)

Yep, beer tasting at work! I am a restaurant manager and sometimes independent breweries come in and bring us samples to try to get us to carry their product. Hazards of the job I guess :D

Yikes Rotte! Hope you heal up okay!

Today my Vic Farmer:

Opened a few beers for a beer tasting at work (cap lifter)

Yep, beer tasting at work! I am a restaurant manager and sometimes independent breweries come in and bring us samples to try to get us to carry their product. Hazards of the job I guess :D
Now that's awesome!

Opened my box from Amazon, then the blister packs, then deflated the air pillows they use for packing. Pioneer Harvester, silver alox.

On a mini vacation for the labor day weekend, mostly popping tops off bottles of cold ones.

Two days ago I was on a short trip and stabbed myself with the awl. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I was using the awl to break a wire tie, when the awl slipped and I jerked the blade right into my arm. That was the only "task" I used the SAK for during the whole trip. Be careful out there!

Holy Cr@p, looks like you practically hit an artery. And I thought the SAKs with the rear spine awl might be more slippery.

Used the saw on my camper to prune some oak saplings that were coming up in the garden, some were an inch thick. It did the job well.

Today my Tinker was all I carried while I had a BBQ at my house. It capably:

opened beers
cut open a new bag of charcoal
cut off a piece of burger for my friends dog

:)

My Pioneer Rancher just cut cord that I wrapped around cables to keep them together and I used the screw driver to tighten a doorknob.

My Swisschamp got a workout for several chores today, but the only one that deserves mention is using the metal file to knock down some sharp edges on a new Leatherman Rebar. This tells you something about both makes.

Nice of you, but did he ask you to do it :D ? I hope he wasn't wearing it at the time :eek: .

ha ha. She :cool: was walking around complaining about her pants being too loose and that her belt didn't have more holes. Naturally I jumped at the opportunity.

Used my Soldier today to change out the grips on a S&W Highway Patrolman (ole skool wheel gun), and I'm using it tonight to open numerous and sundry beers as Mizzou beats the dawgshit (pun intended) out of UGA.:D

My emerald Compact opened a bottle of SmAdams Octoberfest, cut up an apple pear (yep, an apple pear), snipped some stray thread on my jeans, and signed the credit card slip for my dinner. It's sat in my back pocket next to my wallet since I got it.

While i like other blades I have, it is hard to replace my alox soldier. Well, I did some gardening in the community garden; I used it to pry some sheet metal to repair and clean my oven door; I used the awl to bore starter holes when putting up new house numbers; opened a couple of belgian brown ales.

sounds like a winner to me. as stated, I really like my other knives, but for functionality, it is tough to top.

Back