What do you have in your BUG OUT BAG that no one else has?

coke.

fire_kit_splenda.jpg

alright, it's splenda :p

I keep nail clippers in my kit as well. Your hands are a vital resource in the woods and having a nail tear into the bed because you let 'em grow too long would just SUCK. They're also handy for other misc. tasks.

Good to know I'm not the only one carrying those in my BOB, thought i was out of my mind when most people don't carry nail clipper in their BOB.:thumbup:

There are hundreds of threads on this site asking what people put in their BUG OUT BAGS. What I want to know is what people don't have....

Great idea for a thread OK. I'll have to have a root around in my kit later, but there's not much new under the sun. Always looking out for new ideas however :)

CAYENNE PEPPER:

I carry curry powder. Used to be included in British Army kits, don't know if it still is.

I have a small Stanley Wonderbar prybar. It weighs about 6 oz. and is about 8 inches long. I think it was 6 dollars at Ace.

I've got one about a foot long. It's also tactical black! :D

A small solar battery charger with an adaptor kit for various electronics. It won't even fully charge a cell phone in a day but it's better than extra batteries.

I've got a small wind-up kit.

Got a couple of those.

Extra space, nail clippers and some dental floss.

Yep. Nail clippers are very important to me. Got a wee set that folds with scissors, blade, and nail-file similiar to a Vic Classic, and just slightly larger. Dental floss has loads of uses.

Also have glow in the dark bobbers in my little fishing kit.

I've got about 10 tiny light-stick attachments, about 3/4" long, for float or 'rod' end. Also great for marking essential kit.

DermaBond (skin/wound glue,WAY easier than stapling),dental repair kit,hand sanitizer soaked cotton balls in my fire kit(burn almost as good as vaseline soaked cotton balls with the added use of sanitizing/cleaning hands,small wounds,knife,etc) also in my med kit,a couple of maxi pads for big wounds or the little lady,small pack of baby wipes,complete glock spare parts kit and armorers tool.

I keep an andy mcnabb.....

the doom-bag has burt's bees hand salve, which has a huge number of uses. I also carry sunscreen, a cutting board. I used to carry a couple "spare" bus tickets in Calgary in case I ran out.

A good topo map of my AO, combat gauze, I try to keep a couple Epi pens in there but it's a constant expiration date battle.

1. Pass the Pigs game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pass_the_Pigs
2. Depending on my location, sometimes I take my 2-way aviation radio, which is a bit expensive and heavy (8 AA Batteries), but provides me a backup comm capability in a small plane, and would allow me to talk to an overhead search aricraft if I was in an area without cell coverage.

A silcock key for outdoor water spigots on commercial buildings is in my get-home bag, and getting home on foot would be a few days of walking from a urban work area to my rural home (long commute).

It would sure beat filtering and treating water from streams and such.

I have earplugs as well. They've come in handy several times when I've had to unexpectedly be near running machinery and the like.

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU BUY A FLASHBANG???? Email me please.

You can get airsoft versions that are louder than a gunshot. They work by rupturing a Co2 canister inside a plastic container, creating a tiny dry ice bomb. They're fun :D

Ditto the ear-plugs. I also have a small dental kit. I've found the cement and the oil of cloves particularly useful in the past.

A silcock key for outdoor water spigots on commercial buildings is in my get-home bag, and getting home on foot would be a few days of walking from a urban work area to my rural home (long commute).

It would sure beat filtering and treating water from streams and such.

:thumbup: That is a great idea

Back