What do you have in your BUG OUT BAG that no one else has?

Tampons and sanitary pads for bandages,fire starting,padding and the obvious use.--KV

i too carry cayenne pepper, but its cus i love the stuff on all my food, and its great for my congestions
i carry 2 condoms, they have tons of uses,
solar battery charger 16 eneloops and mini regular charger,
nail clippers, not really for my nails but its part of my fishing kit
good slingshot, theres always ammo around
had a small crossbow in it too but that took too much space and i needed room for my sawyer inline water filter thats gaurunteed to filter 1 million gallons.
fish and frog gigs for spears
magellan explorist 710, with roads woods trails topo and marine maps added. most expensive thing in the kit
inner tube
plus the normal first aid, firestarting, fishing, snares, shelter equipment ect

ill definetly be adding a silcock key
and even a fire hydrant key
plus a lock pick kit
cards and maybe a kid toy or 2 if theres still room.

thanks for the suggestions fellas

ill definetly be adding a silcock key
and even a fire hydrant key
plus a lock pick kit
cards and maybe a kid toy or 2 if theres still room.

thanks for the suggestions fellas

From what I understand you can get by with needle nose pliers instead of a silcock key. Those suckers are pretty heavy. And yeah I've got jiggle keys and picks in my pack too. I also have a Lenox Tri-Fold saw since it's a folding saw that uses reciprocating saw blades. That means I can carry some blades for metal and some for wood. Or ones for both (demolition blades!)

on my explorist 710 there is a built in digital camera, i only use it for medicinal and edible plants. i take random survival courses and plant id courses and take pictures of all the plants we go over. i also carry the book natures garden by samuel thayer and a field guide but nothings better than referencing your own pictures.

im probably the only person on the planet with a magellan explorist 710 with all the woods trails streets topo and marine maps loaded and the digi camera stored with pictures of medicinal and edible plants in a BOB. So that should make me the winner :)

with an msrp of 500 or 400 bucks at amazon this gps also cost more than everything else in my kit combined and is frankly overkill but it does work great on my hiking and backpacking trips and can function in the car for turn by turn navigation. And besides i couldnt find another as pretty :)

This is also the reason i have 16 extra eneloops and a solar charger-

I can't say I NEVER see them in people's load-out lists, but I'm always amazed by the
number of lists that lack anything from the following 3 categories:

1. Toys / Morale items for the kids.
2. Handheld amateur radio equipment
3. Lockpicking / Lock bypass gear

Granted, #'s 2 & 3 are skill-dependent, but come on, some guys here have taken the time to learn how to build fire 17 ways.......

I have a full lock pick set and a pocket one, a deck of cards, 2 dice games and a pocket shortwave radio, along with my other stuff, gun, knives, firstaid kit, 3 fire starters with tinder and matches and a few bic lighters, pens notebook, compassand about 15 lbs of other geographically related supplies.

Anyone carry Potassium Permangenate (Might not have spelled that right, but I don't want to Google it in case I get my door kicked in by a SWAT team!)?

i would of screwed it up worse, u were so close, Potassium Permanganate and i dont have any.

wow it has loads of uses that arent explosive lol here is a little info for any others that dont want to google it since its already too late for me :)

Survival kits
Potassium permanganate is typically included in survival kits: as a fire starter water sterilizer and for creating distress signals on snow
As an antidote: Potassium permaganate's use as an antidote for opium and specifically morphine overdose has been described in medical literature.
act As oxidant act
as an antiseptic.
used to treat canker sores (ulcers),
disinfectant for the hands and treatment for mild pompholyx,
dermatitis and fungal infections of the hands or feet
Potassium permanganate is used extensively in the water treatment industry.
Permanganate washes were once used to treat gonorrhea
and are still used to treat candidiasis
It can also be used to inactivate the poison strychnine.
In histology, it is used to bleach melanin which obscures tissue detail.
acts as Fruit preservation for bananas

i would of screwed it up worse, u were so close, Potassium Permanganate and i dont have any.

wow it has loads of uses that arent explosive lol here is a little info for any others that dont want to google it since its already too late for me :)

Survival kits
Potassium permanganate is typically included in survival kits: as a fire starter water sterilizer and for creating distress signals on snow
As an antidote: Potassium permaganate's use as an antidote for opium and specifically morphine overdose has been described in medical literature.
act As oxidant act
as an antiseptic.
used to treat canker sores (ulcers),
disinfectant for the hands and treatment for mild pompholyx,
dermatitis and fungal infections of the hands or feet
Potassium permanganate is used extensively in the water treatment industry.
Permanganate washes were once used to treat gonorrhea
and are still used to treat candidiasis
It can also be used to inactivate the poison strychnine.
In histology, it is used to bleach melanin which obscures tissue detail.
acts as Fruit preservation for bananas

Thanks Worldwood, you jumped on the grenade! :D

Versatile stuff (and you can always make tear gas ;) ).

I know one thing I carry that no one else has... Bits of the book I'm writing. :)

Where are you guys getting your lock pick sets? I mean I've seen them for sale in magazines but I always think they are probably junk.

Back