1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What do you think is the best knife that Spyderco has released in the last five years?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by GatorFlash1, Aug 31, 2020.

1. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Since I've recently responded that the Advocate is my favorite Spyderco, I'm running with that same answer here. Still a Gayle Bradley design; so hopefully the GB crowd won't lynch me. (The GB was my first spyderco - I wanted to like it; but the proud liners bugged me.)

orangejuice and GatorFlash1 like this.
  2. joeldworkin307

joeldworkin307 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2012
    The Caly3 in Hap40. Probably my favorite Spyderco period. Definitely the one I carry most often.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    GatorFlash1 and GB940Rookie like this.
  3. Mako109

Mako109 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2008
    - Advocate
    - Shaman
    - Swayback

4. orangejuice

orangejuice Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Well let me see if I can give you a nudge on behalf of Spyderco and Mr. Bradley and your future self.
    1. Now or never close - This is the last time that you can pick one up factory new ("This is false" - Soc monki.) If you buy one now on the secondary market you may find a catch/release example at a further discounted price.
    2. Summary close - I think we both agree that the GB2 is a stellar everyday tool that's priced aggressively to sell in comparison to its peers and will last a lifetime and you'll find comfort knowing that you rectified your 'instant regret.'
    3. Sharp angle close - You said "I need a bit of a nudge to pull the trigger again..." and I can offer you a bit more than a nudge, but 5 nudges from different angles if you will buy the GB2 today.
    4. Question close - Having owned one before, and the good taste to own another one, is there any reason why we can't proceed with purchasing the GB2 today?
    5. Assumptive close - It seems like the GB2 would be a good fit for you, and you are ready to move forward, so I'll just provide a link to the purchase page HERE.
    Joking around aside, the GB2 shines when put to work and if you do happen to pick one up, please drop me a line or post on your longer term impressions.

* I am not affiliated with Knife Center, but chose the first distributor with stock.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  5. Babalu32

Babalu32

Jan 4, 2018
    Para 3 LW REX 45

GatorFlash1 likes this.
  6. DA170

DA170 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Para 3 G10
    Lil' Native Comp lock
    GB2

Honorable mention :
    Shaman
    Drunken

GatorFlash1 likes this.
  7. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Agreed.

8. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Are the liners on the GB2 flush with the scales? Some pictures look like they are; some look like they're still proud, ala GB1.

GatorFlash1 likes this.
  9. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    They are proud just a squeeze.

These knives are not gonna be comfy like a Mora.

These are Taiwan Sebenza. Fluid, pretty, high rev, at 120 bucks at release. In my opinion the pinnacle of Spyderco before they had to deal with foreign competitors.

GatorFlash1 likes this.
  10. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    Native Chief.

Ajack60 and Gary W. Graley like this.
  11. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Ditto for the Native Chief
    G2

12. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    In the past 5 years I'd say Police 4 in K390 and g10 and the native chief.

Ohh Wait the autonomy 2 is sheer engineering perfection for what it is.

13. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    This is false. Multiple people have stated that the GB2 is a discontinued knife and this is the last run you'll be able to get. TazKristi has stated this is not true and the GB2 is a a full production knife, it was just backordered for a little while.

14. orangejuice

orangejuice Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Original post updated with your clarification. Thanks!

15. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    No problem! We have enough buying frenzy with sprints and exclusives, don't need it for a full production knife too! :D

BD_01 likes this.
  16. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    [​IMG]

Sergeua and BD_01 like this.
  17. Eversion

Eversion Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    I think it's the Spydiechef as well

18. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    My vote is for the S-110-V Military Blurple. image.jpeg

19. AberdeenBlades

AberdeenBlades

Jul 24, 2020
    The RockJumper will be my first Spyderco - can't wait for it to arrive!

20. emjay4248

emjay4248 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2016
    The GB2 is as much a must have as is the PM2. I had mine modified to make the liner lock more accessible and it became a great fidget knife. If I hade to choose one or the other and had no choice. A stouter design, carries smaller than the PM2 and a more versatile blade with a stronger tip. Definitely get one. Even if you don’t carry it often it should be there when you need it.