What EDC Around $100

:) If you want a great reliable and strong working knife ... Cold Steel . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not so good for fidgety flipping , but very functional as a cutting tool .

Best value in lock strength and steel at your price point , by far .

American Lawman , AK-47 and others would fit the bill quite nicely . ;)

These are ~$120 on the big river site right now, and while I really like the other Cold Steel knives mentioned here, I'd take take the extra expense and go with this one every time. CF and S35VN, 3.9oz, carries thin and feels great:

DLGmA8C.jpg

The gold coloring does come off the opener in a hurry, but beyond that I have no complaints. Killer knife that was priced too high before, but now that it's disco'd is IMO a great deal.

Just got an Elite off the bay for $100, and agree it's a great knife for the price. However, the CF is a bit slick, so the G10 version may be work better depending on the OP's intended use.

Just got an Elite off the bay for $100, and agree it's a great knife for the price. However, the CF is a bit slick, so the G10 version may be work better depending on the OP's intended use.

I haven't found it to be hard to hold in use, I think the width of the handle combined with the shape of it make it easy to get a good grip on. That said, the G10 version also has the bonus of being cheaper.

I'm still surprised at how thin and light the knife turned out to be. It's become one of my favorites very quickly.

Kershaw Link in both m390 and s35vn falls in that price range and blade length. Assisted opener with aluminum scales, though, if that's not your thing.

Steelwill Mini Cutjack in D2. I have the more expensive one in M390 and love it. But the reviews on the D2 version are generally favorable. I now generally carry the Benchmade Mini Presidio II if I carry a second knife in addition to my SAK. But you don't want Benchmade and it cost more than $100.

If you can carry an auto, I've heard good things about the Kershaw Launch series.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback.

Cold Steel was my first knife, Voyager I think. But I dont care for lockbacks.

I can carry an auto, Launch is on my radar.

Ok, no back locks.

I like my Boker Caracal. Feels great in the hand.
Spyderco Manix LW in CTS BD1. The cutting edge might not be long enough at 2.88" tho.
Kizer : Begleiter, Kesmec
Bestech : Warwolf, Barracuda, Toucan

If you want to go auto, Kershaw Launch offers plenty of options.

You might find something on the exchange here too. Plenty of $120-130 knives that are LNIB are being sold for a C note.

Last edited:
Spyderco sage ... pretty dope in FFG ...for around ur budget...

Back