What else do you collect?

Guns, almost all .22 or vintage German springer air rifles. 10 years ago I started trimming the herd, keeping only the better .22’s except for the Swedish Mauser in 6.5x55

My buddies and I like to shoot golfballs at 100 yards with .22 rifles and 50yards with pistols

Last edited:
Have quite a few 22's. I would not call them a collection except for the Colts. It has been 22 rifles for the last 5 years or so with an occasional 22 revolver tossed into the mix.

Good to have someone to shoot with and share your passion.

Bad decisions, and empty beercans.

I also have a decent collection of Single Malts, and videogames.

AyKe9dO.jpg

I'm been into phototherapy for about 20 years now, lots of canon lenses but the body's come & go!you no upgraded, just like the knifes we collect, seems I'm always looking for better ones.:eek:

I lost all or most of my photo equipment in a home burglary years ago. It appeared to be a grab & run affair at the time as they didn't find my firearms. That violation of "my space" changed me forever. After the fact, I realized my house had been cased for some time and they knew precisely what they wanted. They even had a key as I "lost" a set of keys months beforehand and never found them. I suspect I left them in the garage at the time and they paid my garage a visit when the door was open. 3:00 AM visit....

How do I know they had a key? No forced entry and I always keep my doors locked at night. I later observed the thief trying to sell some of my photo equipment at a camera shop I frequented. They had a good tripod of mine with them that I had thought I lost somewhere out taking pictures. That loss was months before the burglary.

Last edited:
I collect knives, mostly all Strider, went thru Direwares for a bit. I also collect exes, last one was an italian detective and she never lost an argument. I also love toyota land cruisers and happen to coast to coast all the time in a monster 80 series. Im on here to A. find a strider SMF DGG and to learn how to sharpen a blade to a mirror finish using wet stones.

I go in between collecting things and just being an enthusiast. Knives for example, I used to want every one I liked, but now I like to only keep knives that I have a particular use for. Same with flashlights. I have quite a few, but since I settled on the perfect flashlight (Surefire Aviator) I see lees of a need to buy/keep others.

The main thing I collect besides knives and firearms is definitely watches. It goes beyond that, and I like to tie the two hobbies together by having particular knives to match each watch. I extend this to my collection of sunglasses as well, but again since I have settled on the Persol 2747 as my perfect pair of shades I have stopped buying as many of those as well (I do have all of the variations of 2747's though)

cFHJhla.jpg

3pvpC6p.jpg

N191Sxr.jpg

AYfK3fk.jpg

959kbNu.jpg

oxy1t5B.jpg

m4wcRBd.jpg

7PGqZfC.jpg

NhDmUxP.jpg

aIvFHeA.jpg

One thing I'm surprised to see nobody mention here is precision spinning tops. I'm not someone who needs to have every release, but I really enjoy BilletSpin tops, as well as a few other makers and I like to have nice spin stations. On the subject of toys, I also am really into Nerf blasters as well as Retro video games.

Most of these pics have watches in them beacause they were taken for the WUS forums
c1zjoDL.jpg

kjVPZAW.jpg

rPYyPrS.jpg

DUrJSFR.jpg

an6r4kU.jpg

xGnEopm.jpg

6tkxfku.jpg

I go in between collecting things and just being an enthusiast. Knives for example, I used to want every one I liked, but now I like to only keep knives that I have a particular use for. Same with flashlights. I have quite a few, but since I settled on the perfect flashlight (Surefire Aviator) I see lees of a need to buy/keep others.

The main thing I collect besides knives and firearms is definitely watches.
It may not be a hobby but you do well with stills (photos).

Guns, almost all .22 or vintage German springer air rifles. 10 years ago I started trimming the herd, keeping only the better .22’s except for the Swedish Mauser in 6.5x55

My buddies and I like to shoot golfballs at 100 yards with .22 rifles and 50yards with pistols

It's had to take a picture of a group of rifles. I guess this is how you store them. Could you identify the 22 rifles? As you might guess, I like 22's also. I find shooting clay pigeons at 100 yds off hand challenging with 22 rifles. Sometimes if feels more like plinking. Golf balls would be tough.

Offhand golfballs are tough. We use sandbags and high powered scopes. Have a 2x6 Burris on a SW 41 that hits golfballs at 100 yards on occasion and if it doesn't its my fault

On the left, under the Swedish Mauser, M96 model made in 1906. Under that is a Kimber K22, an Anschutz 1416 set trigger, a CZ455 with match trigger 1lb -1.25lb pull, and my Marlin 39a

Right side are air except for the 2 Browning SA’s on the bottom. Upper is Belgian, lower is Miroku

Thats a happy lifetime of buying, repairing, selling and trading

It may not be a hobby but you do well with stills (photos).

Many thanks for the kind words. I'm learning. However I must admit that my general method is still to take hundreds of pictures and hope a handful turn out well. ;)

On the left, under the Swedish Mauser, M96 model made in 1906. Under that is a Kimber K22, an Anschutz 1416 set trigger, a CZ455 with match trigger 1lb -1.25lb pull, and my Marlin 39a

Right side are air except for the 2 Browning SA’s on the bottom. Upper is Belgian, lower is Miroku

Thats a happy lifetime of buying, repairing, selling and trading
Always wanted the Kimber. Had a chance to buy one as-new at a local gunshop (with nice wood) and passed at $1000. (Kimber of Oregon) Love the Anschutz 1416 and would love to have one of those also. Those are about the only two left on my wish list these days. Have CZ, Weatherby, Remington, Savage, Marlin, Mossberg, Henry, and Mauser.

Never really tried to shoot 100 yds seriously with 22 handguns. But I do have a High Standard Victor that shoots real well. It isn't scoped however.

Last edited:

That’s a very nice looking collection!

I inherited quite a few guns. When it comes to collecting stuff, I rarely buy more than one of the same model. I also like unique, off the beaten path models/brands

Gun list is divided as such

Functional:

Handguns

Beretta Px4 storm .40 4" barrel
Steyr M9-A1 9mm
1968 S&W model 10 5" barrel .38spl
1957 S&W model 36 1 7/8" barrel .38spl
2000 Ruger MKII government competition model, stainless, slab sided bull barrel, mountings for scope rings, and came with the rings. .22lr. Can't stand the gun, but it was a 21st birthday present. It's a pickier eater than a 3 year old at a sushi bar.

Rifles:

1944 Underwood M1 carbine my fave gun I own. Truly a joy to shoot, especially for a lefty.

1957 Remington model 760 gamemaster in .308. Upon seeing me carry this to the range, my shoulder tells me it will stay in the car.

Remington scoped .22lr, don't remember the model off hand.

Shotguns:

Montgomery Ward model 600. 12ga, 2 3/4.
Remington model 887 nitro mag.

Not functioning:

Astra Cub
An old .22 rifle that was my grandfather's as a kid. It's in working order, but I've taken it to several gunsmiths, searched online, but no one has heard of the brand. It needs a magazine, that's it. Bolt action.

Deceased:

H&R .22lr revolver, circa early 1900's. It was my great-grandfather's. It sat in grandpa's basement for 50 years. The cylinder and barrel were pitted beyond repair...

I have a small collection of Magic: the gathering cards. Used to play with my cousins (much younger) and at a local game shop, until I got sick.

I used to have a collection of Lego Galactic Republic era ships, as well as some Empire era.

I also collect children's skulls.

Kidding.

I have the 75 Staples from my liver transplant (2018) and the 57 from my skull (brain tumor resection circa 1991). I was 11.

Docs wouldn't let me keep my gall stones.

I've got quite a few Nerf guns for obliterating my nephews.

My other hobbies are cars, computers, music, and electronics.

In addition to being really good with wiring and electronics, something interesting happened when I had my brain surgery that made me really good with home theater and acoustics. My vision was badly damaged during the surgery, and all my other senses are abnormally heightened. My hearing is off the charts. I have a sort of quasi-echo location thing where I can tell exactly where a sound came from.

The two strokes last November/December damaged my spoken word processing. I hear the words but processing is slow.

I learned to build crystal radios and work with circuit boards when I was in fourth grade. Learned computers at age 5 at my family business (1984) so I've always had the propensity for electronics.

I love messing with whatever car I own/owned. My current car, 2011 KIA Sorento, has only a K&N air filter added. It has everything I want. 10 speaker Infinity sound system w/nav & Bluetooth. 0-60 in ~6.4 seconds. Throttle response is a little too much. It's very easy to roast the tires.

I'm probably one of the only people on the planet to modify a 2001 Ford Escape for light mudding and off roading.

I also build computers. I "collect" cologne. I love watches and shoes. Used to have probably 30 pairs of athletic shoes.

I'll take pics tomorrow.

Back