What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

It's raining here today and I got the blues!

Nice Esquire! ;) Someone say "the blues"?

Edit: Not a Bear Cub after all ... was marked incorrectly on BladeCo USA. However, still a very nice Bushnub II
(blue shirt is reflecting in the blade btw)
NavyBearcub-vi.jpg

Last edited:

It's raining here today and I got the blues!

Great picture, and I always enjoy seeing that particular knife-- a favorite pattern clothed in favorite appointments (Shadetree navy over natural and white). So nice!

My own Esquire rode right here through the week end:

IMG_5311.jpg~original

i am missing my Saddleback wallet big time.

Which Saddleback wallet do you (did you?!) have, and where'd it go...? :confused:

Someone say "the blues"?

Given all of Sarah's unending praises, I've joined the Bear Cub Clan (blue shirt is reflecting in the blade btw)
NavyBearcub-vi.jpg

Holy smokes, that's a Bear Cub? :eek:

(It looks more 'bellied' at this angle.)

Oooohhhh. Beautiful colors and spalting. You're right, I do like this pattern. :thumbup:

Ain't it too pointy for you? :p

This new neckmuk pattern is a winner!

f05221268dae394d3dcf03f7fbf154ae.jpg

Cool picture! I like how it shows of the 'bookmatching' of the handle covers, as seen in the mirrored striping. :thumbup:

No blue knife for me today(!), but Robert done me good: I carried my Sylvrfalcen today, and used it to open the box its pants arrived in-- packed in shredded whatsis of a certain color!

IMG_5364.jpg~original

:)

~ P.

~P.

I had what they described as a "misbehavin' stitching on that bifold."

I bought it in 2011 and they are sending me a replacement.

Holy smokes, that's a Bear Cub? :eek:

(It looks more 'bellied' at this angle.)

Oooohhhh. Beautiful colors and spalting. You're right, I do like this pattern. :thumbup:

Ain't it too pointy for you? :p

~ P.

To be honest, I'm questioning the model and need to send a PM inquiry to Phillip for some verification. Either way I really like the knife. It is just soooooo similar to my Bushnub II its crazy. Same OAL, same blade length, same handle .. the tip drops a bit more on the Bear Cub than on the Bushnub II but not by much. The handles are very similar but you can tell a few distinct differences. The Bear Cub handle is a tad bit taller. The Bear Cub lower rear handle curves down MORE than the Bushnub II and I thought "How does this interfere less on Sarah's persnickety pinky?"

Given all of Sarah's unending praises, I've joined the Bear Cub Clan (blue shirt is reflecting in the blade btw)
NavyBearcub-vi.jpg

To be honest, I'm questioning the model and need to send a PM inquiry to Phillip for some verification. Either way I really like the knife. It is just soooooo similar to my Bushnub II its crazy. Same OAL, same blade length, same handle .. the tip drops a bit more on the Bear Cub than on the Bushnub II but not by much. The handles are very similar but you can tell a few distinct differences. The Bear Cub handle is a tad bit taller. The Bear Cub lower rear handle curves down MORE than the Bushnub II and I thought "How does this interfere less on Sarah's persnickety pinky?"

The more I look, the more your knife isn't a Bear Cub. :confused:

VANCE to Aisle 5 for a Pattern Check. VANCE, Aisle 5.

A Bear Cub's handle is a much more straight shot to the end, the blade less bellied and the tip pretty much in line with the bullseye:

IMG_0262-vi.jpg

AKA, poifick. ;)

My Bear Cub with the Sylvyrfalcen I'm carrying again today, blonde ironwood buddies:

IMG_5325.jpg~original

~ P.

Thanks for the pics! Ummmmm yeaaaah .. me thinks, since BladeCoUSA had the Hiking Buddy / Handyman confused, I probably bought a Bearnub II :D

Oh well, I still like this knife but it means I still need to get my hands on a Bear Cub to see if I like them or not.

Thanks
~J

The more I look, the more your knife isn't a Bear Cub. :confused:

VANCE to Aisle 5 for a Pattern Check. VANCE, Aisle 5.

A Bear Cub's handle is a much more straight shot to the end, the blade less bellied and the tip pretty much in line with the bullseye:

IMG_0262-vi.jpg

AKA, poifick. ;)

My Bear Cub with the Sylvyrfalcen I'm carrying again today, blonde ironwood buddies:

IMG_5325.jpg~original

~ P.
I was initially worried, but I'm happy to report that I get a ton of enjoyment out of seeing you carry that 'falcen. Definitely more than I would have gotten out of it myself.

What pants did you grab for it? I'm going to guess a Diomedes ISP in walnut....

Nice Esquire! ;) Someone say "the blues"?

Edit: Not a Bear Cub after all ... was marked incorrectly on BladeCo USA. However, still a very nice Bushnub II
(blue shirt is reflecting in the blade btw)
NavyBearcub-vi.jpg

At least it's a very handsome Bushnub II. :D

Thanks guys loving this new style.
There are some killer knives in this thread

Back