What have you lost?

What a fantastic story ! 😲 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Of all the places you might have thought to look, I seriously doubt you would have ever imagined looking on a cat's collar. 🍀🍀🍀🍀🤣
Must have been a Neo magnet. 🤣
No magnets for Elijah J. after reading this story, not EVER !!!
Yeah, I didn't even know they had magnetic until cat-flaps then! 😁👍

About 30 years ago, I was house-sitting for some friends for a week, and feeding their cat. During the week, my pocket knife went missing, and I spent most of the day looking for it. I found all sorts of things down the back of the sofa, including two full sets of car and house keys the owners had replaced long ago. By around 4.00pm, I had looked everywhere I could think to look, I knew where I had left my knife the night before, but it wasn't there. Looking out of the window, I saw the cat wriggling about on the grass, in a rather strange way, and wondered what it was doing. When I went to look, it was trying to get my knife off a magnet attached to its collar, which was used for opening the cat-flap! :D The cat must have had it there for a whole day, and I was amazed that I managed to get the knife back, and that it didn't go to the Planet Biro, where all the lost things go ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing that story. I bet if you metal detected those folks yard it would turn up all sorts of lost knives and keys and small things.

Thanks for sharing that story. I bet if you metal detected those folks yard it would turn up all sorts of lost knives and keys and small things.
Thanks :) Apart from the keys, I forget what was down the back of the sofa, but I remember there being all sorts of things! :D It was quite a small sofa too! 🤣 :thumbsup:

Thanks :) Apart from the keys, I forget what was down the back of the sofa, but I remember there being all sorts of things! :D It was quite a small sofa too! 🤣 :thumbsup:
The odd part is that when I lose a knife of whatever, I immediately check the chair/couch. I thought that was standard procedure.

The odd part is that when I lose a knife of whatever, I immediately check the chair/couch. I thought that was standard procedure.
Definitely! :D It seems they just replaced the keys, which couldn't have been cheap, as they were big bunches of keys, rather than look in the first place most folks would look! :rolleyes: :D Maybe the cat stashed everything there! 🤣 ;) :thumbsup:

For several years I carried a leatherman mini tool. It disappeared..... maybe 6 months later I didn’t think anything about it until I went to my uncles house. There is set on the table in the living room. I said hey that’s my tool! He said he’d found it in the couch.

Last edited:
Return of The Native

See post 11.

All cars here have to have a double set of tyres winter/summer and usually the rims to go with them. Winter was long this year so the wheels couldn't come off until mid April. Put some filthy old coat on to get the winter wheels out of the car after changing and stow them in the garage. Went in the garage to root about today (extremes it's 32C today and hotter in there.) What's that bag? Ah old work-coat , check the pockets...YES!!!!! The Knife Gods be praised.

The other 2 are certified goners though, but welcome back mi amore

gBJsYG5.jpg

Return of The Native

See post 11.

All cars here have to have a double set of tyres winter/summer and usually the rims to go with them. Winter was long this year so the wheels couldn't come off until mid April. Put some filthy old coat on to get the winter wheels out of the car after changing and stow them in the garage. Went in the garage to root about today (extremes it's 32C today and hotter in there.) What's that bag? Ah old work-coat , check the pockets...YES!!!!! The Knife Gods be praised.

gBJsYG5.jpg
Congratulations!

Return of The Native

See post 11.

gBJsYG5.jpg
Glad you found that one back, Will! Outstanding horn. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

There are 2 which come to mind for me. Case Bose Dogleg in jigged bone. I think it slipped out of my pants when I sat in a comfy armchair at a Starbucks circa 2010-11. And the other, a jigged red bone 15 TC Barlow. My brother set it in a box of boxes headed to the recycling. When I asked for it back he thought he'd left it in his truck which his wife borrowed. When he realized it was in the boxes next afternoon it was gone .
I'm feeling like that is the blue ribbon champion of this thread.
About 30 years ago, I was house-sitting for some friends for a week, and feeding their cat. During the week, my pocket knife went missing, and I spent most of the day looking for it. I found all sorts of things down the back of the sofa, including two full sets of car and house keys the owners had replaced long ago. By around 4.00pm, I had looked everywhere I could think to look, I knew where I had left my knife the night before, but it wasn't there. Looking out of the window, I saw the cat wriggling about on the grass, in a rather strange way, and wondered what it was doing. When I went to look, it was trying to get my knife off a magnet attached to its collar, which was used for opening the cat-flap! :D The cat must have had it there for a whole day, and I was amazed that I managed to get the knife back, and that it didn't go to the Planet Biro, where all the lost things go ;) :thumbsup:
Sufferin Succotash...not ever been sure what that means...but its a cat saying.
Thanks men! :cool::thumbsup:
Good.Now be more careful in future.

meako meako No chance mate, Reckless Eric me....you should see the performance when I've lost my keys for the 100th time and need to get out the door-hate carrying the damn things and the car's 'key' is the size of a phone these days...:eek::poop:

there have been many, but two in particular come to mind …
The first was probably the first knife I ever owned. I was around 11, and it was a white handled Barlow … can’t remember if it was a jack or a single blade, all I know is the handles were ivory colored and it said Barlow vertically up the bolster. I didn’t even know what Barlow meant, I thought it was the brand! Well my big brother saw me admiring it one day and he was like “hey what you got there?” well I knew damn well I needed to get that knife out of sight or I would never see it again, so I took off running with him hot on my heels, and as we passed by a hedgerow in front of the neighbor’s house, I slyly tossed that Barlow into the base of those bushes … I gave chase for a little farther, and then gave myself up. My brother was baffled that he could not find that knife on me … well, I must’ve searched those bushes 20 times before I finally gave up on that knife.
The other was a silver Alox cadet, about a year or so ago … just wasn’t in its normal spot one day, and I still have no clue how or when it liberated itself … those are the ones that really bug you.

I once had a Cheapish Buck 110 copy, supposedly it came from Popcorn sales in the Scouts and even had the BoyScout logo on the Rosewood handle but I was a little too young to fully remember where it came from. Learned how to sharpen on it, carried it through my later years as a Cub Scouts until I was in my first few years in Boy Scouts where I lost it, at a Scout meeting of all things. Went out and got a buck 110 following that which went with me all the way to the Army. Friend asked if I had a knife, few seconds later came a cracking pop and him holding up my 110 with about 3/4” missing off the tip. Kinda lost track of that one after PCSing across the country.

Not a traditional but while at NTC I was walking down a mountain back to our Strykers and laying on one of the rocks was a half opened Kershaw Leek. At the time I didn’t have many modern knives really and I very distinctly remember thinking to myself “man this thing has a pocket clip on it, how could anyone loose this thing.” Stuck it in my pocket, hopped in the truck and moved for a few hours in the night before bedding down. Woke in the morning and couldn’t find it. Always have laughed at the irony of it.

Oh and I lost a GEC 14 once. That one is perplexing for I still have the tube and the wax paper it came in. Carried it for a while but found it just a tad small for my tastes and just have no clue where it went after I Joined the Army. Searched for it every once and then while on leave but after completely moving all of my stuff out into my house, followed by them having a house fire I have since moved on.

See post No.68.

ANOTHER UPDATE o_O

1657534493050.png

I'm more than doubly superstitious now...The Knife Gods have really awoken. The other day was preparing a knife that was going out to be sold, checking the GEC tubes. There are certain knives I'm never going to sell as users and these no longer live in their tubes. During the house move 2020 I must have put the Micarta 78 which stayed on a desk in a vacant tube in a hurry! Popped open a tube and discovered this inside a 73 tube, pretty OK apart from some verdigris on the pins :thumbsup: Moral: too many knives....too careless, just really lucky😍

StlZ20O.jpg

Last edited:
See post No.68.

ANOTHER UPDATE o_O

View attachment 1867668

I'm more than doubly superstitious now...The Knife Gods have really awoken. The other day was preparing a knife that was going out to be sold, checking the GEC tubes. There are certain knives I'm never going to sell as users and these no longer live in their tubes. During the house move 2020 I must have put the Micarta 78 which stayed on a desk in a vacant tube in a hurry! Popped open a tube and discovered this inside a 73 tube, pretty OK apart from some verdigris on the pins :thumbsup: Moral: too many knives....too careless, just really lucky😍

StlZ20O.jpg
2022 is turning out to be a good luck year for you, Will; congrats on rediscovering that one! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
If Finland has a lottery, perhaps you should buy a "chance" or two! 🤓

- GT

See post No.68.

ANOTHER UPDATE o_O

View attachment 1867668

StlZ20O.jpg
Now that’s an update.

A couple weeks ago I noticed my brown handled Camillus electrician wasn't in the overflow knife box, so I started looking for it and just couldn't find it.
I searched high and low with no luck, I don't even carry the knife much at all which is why it was in the overflow box but it was driving me crazy that I couldn't find it.
Fast forward to last week I was visiting with my brother and low and behold there it was attached to his keys hanging from his belt loop 😱
That's when I remembered having givin it to him a few months ago, I wasn't using it and have another Camillus electrician so I gave it to him one day while he was visiting and forgot about the knife entirely till noticing it gone one day.

Btw am I the only one who think an electricians knife is awful big for keychain carry ?
I'm glad he's carrying and using it, but that's just kind of an odd choice of how to carry it.

Back