What is your favorite edc?

My ever present Benchmade 710. Best EDC knife of all time IMO.
Not trying to stray from the topic, but I have had a 710 for a few months now, and always enjoyed it but not amazingly so. However, recently I purchased an Edge Pro Apex and spent some time fixing the horrible factory grind on the 710, and have been carrying it since. I'll just say, wow. Really fantastic knife and with a decent edge, the thing slices and dices like a demon. That little recurve leaves no survivors lol.

My first thought would be a Spyderco Native 5 G10 with S110V steel (the blurple model) given what I can get away with using on a regular, daily basis these days. It's big enough I can do most of my cutting tasks without too much trouble and small enough that it's easy to carry. The backlock design, for me, would be easy to maintain and keep in working order for a long time.

Of course, I'm considering my regular office and light outdoor usage. If we're talking about potentially ending up lost in the woods or trying to survive a zombie apocalypse then I'd obviously go with something a little different. :p

This is an easy one for me. It'd be the CruWear and carbon fiber Manix 2, or my little orange Ritter mini grip in M390(big surprise, I know). Now between the two.. That's tough. I don't believe I'd be able to pick only one, but I do think I could continue on with just those two knives as my folders.

Between Benchmade and Spyderco it would be M390 Contego. Carried mine all the time..... until I bought my ZT 0562CF. Contego just fits my large hands, love the blade shape. Just a great knife if you like large knives.

M390 Contegooooo! Yes! I have one on the way to me right now and it is meant to be my do-it-all. Massive fan of my M4 Contego, but I wanted something more corrosion resistant. And the blue n black G10 looks unreal too

Given the limited options I'd go with a Military or Paramilitary 2 in pretty much any steel.

This new Benchmade 535 Bugout. Not even kidding.

Deep carry package weighing in at under 2 ounces, S30V steel with a great blade size and shape, axis lock....

I am sincerely shocked at how much I am enjoying this piece.

Yeah, I agree. My 535 replaced a D2 Grippy that I had worn for years and years. The 535 is VERY light and flat --- more comfortable to carry than the Grippy and easier to get my hand in that pocket. I like the deep clip, also. It's sharper than the D2 ever was. I paid $115 for it.

Last edited:
Whoa, the coveted "double quote".... thanks, man!

Handed the Bugout off to a guy so he could use it next week. See if he's as smitten (Smit? Smut?) as I am with it.

I am tickled with my 570 Presidio 2. It is probably one of my all time favorite Benchmades. If I were to choose another knife to use long term, it would be the Adamas.

M390 Contegooooo! Yes! I have one on the way to me right now and it is meant to be my do-it-all. Massive fan of my M4 Contego, but I wanted something more corrosion resistant. And the blue n black G10 looks unreal too

I liked my M390 Contego so much I bought 2. Had some custom scales made for one of them.

Dual Carry by sixate, on Flickr

Native 5 lw. If it were just one knife I would want to be realistic about my knife use and needs. More often than not I don't need the biggest knife on me. But I do appreciate one that is compact and lightweight yet full sized enough to handle 80 percent of most knife needs.

While the Native isn't the trickest of knives out there it's one of the purest expressions of an EDC that comes to mind.

Benchmade Bugout 535. Blade length is perfect, blade shape is awesome, axis lock is smooth, it's insanely light and slim, and it's backed up with bulletproof warranty/customer service. What's not to like?!

Last edited:
You should change your thread title to clarify that this thread is for only Spyderco or Benchmade, Because I was about to post what one of my favorite knives is which is not a folder nor a Spyderco or Benchmade and was not even close to 200$ ( probably $1.50 new in the 50's, and only costed me only $18 last year )

ETA: I do agree with the poster who said OP should update thread title to say it's about BM and Spyderco. It's mildly false advertising.

Yup. I was about to answer with Vic Cadet Alox. But that's not what his thread was about.

For me, it would have to be a Sage 2.

Between the two manufacturer's knives > Spyderco Native 5. Vic's don't count in this thread.

Back