What is your favorite edc?

If the limit is <$200 then the Spyderco 204P Military from knifeworks for sure. I randomly alternate it with the S90V Framelock Military

IMG_5463.JPG Over the last year I bought a Spyderco Southard and K2 here for less than $200 each slightly used. The K2 has taken over the role as my work knife and my Southard is in my pocket everywhere else.

Last edited:
Spyderco Mantra. Ti, M4, bearing flipper, wire clip, great size & ergos.

Any 940. Traded for the 940-1, well under $200.
u6Cr9Sv.jpg

And this...........definitely this:)
1ma13Wk.jpg

It all depends: Buck Custom Shop 112 currently, occasionally Sebbie 21 or American Lawman if I want to carry unobtrusively, Cabela's Sebbie in D2... nice to have choices.

(EDIT: Wrong thread. I had meant to post in the "what are you carrying today" forum)

But, just so this isn't wasted space, I'll answer the OP. My personal choices would be:

Spyderco: Manix 2, S110V / Blurple edition. The Manix is my favorite Spyderco design of all time, with an incredibly useful blade shape and a handle that fits my hand perfectly. It's also one of very few knives to have a finger-choil that I actually appreciate instead of resent.

Benchmade: Vicar 757. I actually really like this knife. It's not particularly popular - I think they have discontinued it - but the design really works for me functionally and aesthetically.

Last edited:
I've tried all kinds of knives and I keep returning to these two. A stockman and a alox SAK. They have worked well for me most of my life. Everything I tried to carry something else, I regretted it, and soon as I got home my old standby's went right back in my pocket.

I can't pick just one. I like these three equally. Mannix 2 XL S90V CF, Domino the black or blue and the Gale Bradley 2. All good looking knives and tough EDC knives.

I'd look for a good price on a Blurple PM2 just for the S110V. If there's enough left, I'm turning it into a sleeper by buying the original black scales for it.

I've tried all kinds of knives and I keep returning to these two. A stockman and a alox SAK. They have worked well for me most of my life. Everything I tried to carry something else, I regretted it, and soon as I got home my old standby's went right back in my pocket.

But what about the Peanut? And the soddie, and the Opinel. Surely you carried those for more than a day here and there.

Native 5 lightweight. S35 VN, great texture, 50/50 choil, lock back, tang stays hidden even when closed, 3 inch blade, awesome shape.

Assuming that you are going by street price, the Spyderco Tatanka for $200 gets my vote.

If you had $200(give or take ten bucks) to buy one Spyderco or Benchmade pocket knife to use for the rest of your life, which would you buy and why?

Benchmade Adamas all the way.
As that one is nigh indestructible I can be sure it lasts long enough ;)

Because of local knife laws I would pick up a Dragonfly and a Roadie.

If I didn't already have them, that is.

Back