1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What is your favorite edc?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by KnifeWizard, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    emjay4248 and jwh720 like this.
  2. Valyrian steel

Valyrian steel

Aug 31, 2017
    ZT 0566CF.

3. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
    Under $200...Benchmade Rift and ZT 0566.

Over $200 My favorite EDC is my Umnumzaan (Startac version), favorite knife is Medford Arktika.

4. josh yu

josh yu

Jun 14, 2017
    If the new york "gravity knife" law gets fixed, the benchamde shinola valet will be added back to my collection. good looking 3" knife in my favorite steel

[​IMG]

neal70, GB940Rookie and matt009au like this.
  5. matt009au

matt009au

Apr 23, 2009
    Just between bm and spydy, probably a bm strkyer.

All time in that price range would be an Al Mar Falcon UL, no question. The falcon is with me every day regardless of whatever I'm doing or other knives I'm carrying.

6. SGJarrod

SGJarrod

Sep 19, 2017
    PM2 in s110v or M390

Runner up...BM 551-1

7. ridnovir

ridnovir Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2012
    ZT 450

8. emjay4248

emjay4248 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Which knife is this?

9. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Your EDC needs may be different than mine but if I had it to do over again I still would pick an Axis Lock knife for my folders.

I also would pick a two or three knife set to rotate through depending upon my needs.

For a super lightweight knife, my first choice is the Benchmade Bugout. Great blade shape, decent steel and super light at 1.8oz.
    My second lightweight choice is Benchmade's 531. That is what I carry most of the time. I almost bought the Bugout. It really is a better knife than the 531.

For a medium duty knife, I would be tempted to go with a Ritter Griptilian in M390 steel or an Adamas folder in D2 steel.
    The Ritter is my first choice out of the two listed. It is in my mind, a better EDC. Right now I have a Benchmade 551 in D2 steel.
    It is a tradeoff between the two.

So, there you have it. My first two choices, the Bugout and the Ritter Griptilian. Others that I would consider from Benchmade would be the Stryker/Mini-Stryker, the Valet, and the 484. Also, the Volli is nice. I have one of those. It is part of the reason I did not buy the Bugout.

For a third knife (if needed) I would consider a SAK Alox of some sort. Pioneer/Farmer or the Cadet. It gives you a small, inexpensive knife suitable for travel or formal occasions.

Of course, you could go with a fixed blade for your third knife. That would be fun.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  10. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    A knife from Golden Colorado USA Earth. Impossible to say which, but I'd be happy with any of them. :)

11. ejames13

ejames13 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 30, 2015
    I really like my PM2's and Militaries. They are fun to play with and good for hard cutting, but nothing beats a Delica for EDC. I could buy 3 of them for the price point mentioned!

Grateful and wvdavidr like this.
  12. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    It's a Hinderer XM-18, with a 3 1/2" Harp Spanto blade.

13. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Neither one.
    My EDC is a major USA made brand and model that costs under $30.00 new.

Grateful likes this.
  14. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Cabela's Sebenza in D2? Such a thing exists?

15. jumpstat

jumpstat

Mar 9, 2007
    I'd choose a Spyderco PM2 in s110v or M390.

Grateful likes this.
  16. Lyubomir Trayanov

Lyubomir Trayanov Manly USA Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 29, 2017
    [​IMG]

17. wvdavidr

wvdavidr

Mar 21, 2007
    I have owned and carried most of the usual suspects. I always come back to the Spyderco Delica. While not cheap, it's not too big or too expensive, and is good for almost everything I do.

jmh33 and Grateful like this.
  18. emjay4248

emjay4248 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2016
    thanks

19. Dantone05

Dantone05

Dec 31, 2014
    PM2 in Cru-Wear.

Grateful likes this.
  20. The_Knife_Man

The_Knife_Man

May 30, 2014
    A PM2 in M390, contoured carbon fiber scales, and a deep carry titanium clip.

Grateful likes this.