What is your favorite fixed blade knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by DominikDoherty, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Trollbane

Trollbane

Feb 3, 2004
    A number of different knives depending on task at hand. It I go freediving or snorkling I use one om my two divers knives. If whittling my small Mora Whittler and so on.

In the woods often some of these:

[​IMG]
    Fällkniven, MAC, Iisakki Järvenpää, Karesuandokniven, Bahco, Mora, Helle, Martiinii, Knivsmed Strömeng

By the way, my definitely most used fixed blades are my kitchen knives. Hattori HD-8 is a kitchen sword and my favorite for handling big tasks! :)

/ J

2. Mingecutter

Mingecutter Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2011
    My Swamprat Ratmandu

David Mary likes this.
  3. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Fallkniven volcano. The laminated cobalt steel is phenomenal. Very comfortable handle in all positions. Guard is short enough that my thumb on back of blade isn't an issue as with most bigger knives with a guard. Love it, it's a beautiful piece that works as well as it looks

4. k5MOW

k5MOW

Nov 29, 2014
    I love my Spiderco Bill Moran.

[​IMG]

Roger

5. Tombo 65

Tombo 65

Sep 11, 2013
    I love your taste in knives. Any chance of seeing a photo of those knives without the sheaths?

6. Saint Loke

Saint Loke

Aug 4, 2013
    My Spyderco Southfork is my favourite for edc

[​IMG]

While I prefer the Fällkniven F1 for hiking.

[​IMG]

7. victor14

victor14

Nov 23, 2011
    Two pages already and no one mentioned Busse yet???

8. Icky Thump

Icky Thump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    BM 210-1001 M4 steel #5 of 37..sold.[​IMG]

BM 140M2HS..still w/ me
    [​IMG]

Spyder Mule2..not going anywhere
    [​IMG]

BR Bravo1/A2 Traded
    [​IMG]

My next will be a Sub 6" Busse

9. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Some of my favs...

Green River Dadleys
    [​IMG]

Marbles
    [​IMG]

Moras
    [​IMG]

And Canadian Belt Knives (and Murphy copies)
    [​IMG]

10. jlwatts3

jlwatts3

Mar 5, 2012
    I've got a camillus/cuda cqb2 in ats-34 that I use for EDC. I'll upload a pic when I get home. Love the size and shape. It takes a nice edge as well.

11. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    At this time, Dozier KM-9. I like how the knife feels in my hand more than the tanto.
    rolf

12. kwackster

kwackster

Dec 23, 2005
    My modified Cattaraugus 225Q.
    When i got it for cheap it was missing part of it's tip and had no sheath, so i decided to modify the blade as well as the handle.
    I changed the grind from a saber flat to a saber hollow with a zero edge with the help of my trusted Tormek T7 wetgrinder, and then applied a convex microbevel of around 35/40-ish degrees inclusive with the help of a 6 micron diamond paste loaded strop.
    Also ground a new point with a bit of a bowie shape.
    The 1095 steel holds a shaving sharp edge for quite some time and doesn't buckle even when chopping wood.
    The leather handle was shaped to my liking with sandpaper and i gave it a few coats of Nikwax for protection.
    It's my favorite fixed blade and my most used knife for daytrips in the forest, as it cuts wood extremely well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Saint Loke

Saint Loke

Aug 4, 2013
    I love a knife with personality and history, kwackster. You've got both in the Cattaraugus of yours!

kwackster likes this.
  14. Peroni1973

Peroni1973

Mar 25, 2010
    'Favourite' is a tough one. If I could answer in the singular then I would have saved a heap of cash! ;)

I do have a few Mora Companions that see quite a bit of use as beaters and I do like my ESEE 3 and my Izzy II but these see more use -

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

All Barkies -

Top: Golok (A2) Brown Canvas Micarta Left to Right: Ultra Lite Bushcrafter (CPM 3V) Urban Camo G10, Ultra Lite Bushcrafter (CPM 3V), Original Rising Wolf (A2) Amboynia Burl, Loveless Drop Point Hunter (A2) Natural Canvas Micarta, Aurora (A2) Cocobolo, Rampless Bravo 1 (A2) Green Canvas Micarta

This one is nice too but is reserved exclusively as a skinner and as such has yet to be put to use;

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Arno Bernard Knives: Zebra - Spalted Maple (N690)

That said my most regularly used is this combo;

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Bidor Parang & BRKT Ultra Lite Bushcrafter

So the short answer is probably my Bark River Ultra Lite Bushcrafter... :)

Cheers,

Ben

15. jasonp

jasonp

Oct 7, 2002
    Something about my Wilder Forge Necker that just fits...getting lots of use out of this little knife.
    [​IMG]
    JP

16. STAINLESS90

STAINLESS90

Sep 5, 2014
    For utility I would have to say my Condor Micarta Bushlore which is a pretty awesome value for the money. For sheer mall-ninja points I would have to say my Entrek Commando MKII.

17. emtyhopper

emtyhopper

May 2, 2014
    I have spent the last 6 months or so trying to find my perfect hunting knife. I have gone through several (thanks to the exchange) and i wish i could have kept them all. But these are what im working with right now. The Canadian special has already been traded off.
    If I had to pick a favorite so far, it would be the CRK Nyala, but im not done yet.

[​IMG]

I should have this hall handmade clippoint in the mail tomorrow, have high hopes for this one,
    [​IMG]

18. Noswad0208

Noswad0208

Sep 8, 2014
    Becker BK-9 Made by KABAR. Stripped and forced patina. [​IMG]

19. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    easy choice for me...the F1

20. snippy

snippy

Apr 1, 2014
    My new Bushcraft XL from Boker Plus is really making me happy. The 440C is really amazing. Krein design is awesome...feel in the hand is just perfect.

[​IMG]

Great thread!

Eric