what is your top 5 folders you dislike or like. ?

they can still owned or sold or never bought

im a complete noob when comes to knives ,

first one i dont like spyderco , yeah i know i get it lol . i bought a few but sold them
just dont like the looks, feel or the hole or handles .

2 massdrop laconico
i loved it when i bought it and used it alot but closed on me and lost faith . its now in glove box of my jeep . i hate it but when gave way i can never trust it again

3 benchmade for their political views

hadnt got a 4 or 5

they can still owned or sold or never bought

im a complete noob when comes to knives ,

first one i dont like spyderco , yeah i know i get it lol . i bought a few but sold them
just dont like the looks, feel or the hole or handles .

2 massdrop laconico
i loved it when i bought it and used it alot but closed on me and lost faith . its now in glove box of my jeep . i hate it but when gave way i can never trust it again

3 benchmade for their political views

hadnt got a 4 or 5

Yes.

Benchmade Griptilian
Gerber Gator Premium Folding Knife
Spyderco Byrd Crow
Victorinox Ambassador
i'll stop there.

Hi said I was a boon rofl. We like what we like. I like different knives. Like good knives not well known. Spyderco obviously are good blades but they are everywhere

I dunno. I have a hard time putting the effort into listing things that I dislike. I mean, if I like something, I buy it. If it's not my cup of tea, I move on and pretty much forget that it exists.

I suppose I could come up with a few knives that I have owned that were disappointments. Did not care for my SOG assisted folder I had 12 years or more ago. I took it apart and couldn't get it back together. Nearly took my finger off with a Pocket Bushman. That's a scary knife to use.

I dunno. Everything else is just a fog of meh.

91b
I agree , There's something nice about every knife . I first start out with the visual look then the type of action and last the steel . Remember I'm just getting into the hobby . I had a switchblade issued to me in the service 53 years ago , then after that I always carried a small buck folder . Now for some strange reason I enjoy knives and all the different lockups and styles. Starting from the service push button that looked like a pocket knife with a black handle with a push lock to a Buck and now a Hogue.

Chris

And yet you had to post and be cute. There is alot of silly stuff on here. I don't think it's silly there is 2 sides of every blade. Name some you like then. Or keep posting cutsey.

How did you get a Keen to close on you? That’s a solid frame lock.

My favorite designers are Laconico and Shirogorov. Right now I have four Laconico mid-techs, and a Shirogorov F3. That’s my Top 5.

Not gonna lie, I like this one.

eZbBIOzl.jpg

I dunno. I have a hard time putting the effort into listing things that I dislike. I mean, if I like something, I buy it. If it's not my cup of tea, I move on and pretty much forget that it exists.

I suppose I could come up with a few knives that I have owned that were disappointments. Did not care for my SOG assisted folder I had 12 years or more ago. I took it apart and couldn't get it back together. Nearly took my finger off with a Pocket Bushman. That's a scary knife to use.

I dunno. Everything else is just a fog of meh.

I was going to give this thread a pass, until you mentioned the Pocket Bushman. Now there’s a knife I really dislike. Somebody is going to lose a finger. Gave it away.

As long as I am at it, the SOG Flash II Tanto. Dunno why I bought it; I guess because it was cheap. It looked, felt and sounded cheap. I gave it to somebody on a gun forum who really wanted it.

CRKT M21-something. My junkie stepson stole it along with a BM to buy junk. He hs promised to pay me back. I would have given it to him, had he but asked. I still expect him to make good on the Benchmade, but I’m not holding my breath.

Gerber Gator Jr. machete. Worst single blade I ever handled. The best thing I can say is that it spurred me to buy some good machetes.

Reactions: vba
Companies I won't or at least don't buy from and why

GEC for their lack of Stainless options
SAK & Case for their soft steel
Benchmade for their poor QC compounded with their poor PR responses
Everything Chinese made for China's lack of business ethics and poor practices though much of it admittedly improving and beginning to sway me

Back