what is your top 5 folders you dislike or like. ?

Not gonna lie, I like this one.

eZbBIOzl.jpg

Dude, why be shy about liking this? If there was ever a rainbow knife or a knife with random holes in the blade where it made sense, it's this one.

I mean, the rainbow finish is a direct nod to the iridescence of a mermaid's scales (duh) and the holes are clearly evocative of bubbles in the undersea habitat of the mermaid. The tail-flipper is just the final detail to take it over the top. This is art!

Comparatively, this design is wildly superior to other rainbow knives, or knives with pointless random holes in the blade (e.g. ZT 0223).

Last edited:
1) Most Frost cutlery, due to poor quality
2) CRKT due to poor quality
3) Most Gerbers due poor quality
4) Browning black label due to poor quality
5) Newer Schrade products due to poor quality

This list is based on my personal experience and may not reflect the view of others.

Reactions: vba
Opinel
Vic SAK Classic
Vic SAK Super Tinker
Case Peanut
Kabar Dozier Large Folding Hunter

Just a question...

im a complete noob when comes to knives ,

In 2018 you said

i use to be bad , so after grandbaby born , i sold off bout 80 knives,

In 2017 you said

man im so scared im gonna lose my sebenza i got it paracorded to a quick release attached to my belt lol . ....

In 2016 you said

... i dont like liner locks , looking for lock back . i dont trust liner locks
thanks

Seems like you are hardly a "complete noob." :confused:

More "characteristics/elements" that specific makes/brands

Clones
Extraneous pointy bits
Bad geometry
Skulls
Knives that people other than me like

Knives that aren't free
Gas station knives
Knives at big box stores sold for full MSRP.
Tacticool
Knives trying to be something they're not.

Tt5
Opinel
Vic SAK Classic
Vic SAK Super Tinker
Case Peanut

Just a question...

In 2018 you said

In 2017 you said

In 2016 you said

Trust me I'm a noob specially compared to most on the board .I inherited a bunch from my dad before he died in 95. I know the basics I don't know about all the steels and what is best. And sharpening I suck

The laconico I got when I bought it it came with what I thought was a small contact when locked back. And it did after few weeks in pocket got dirt and had some lint junk in it. Could be I didn't have fully engaged but don't remember. U. Know the blade contact patch is smaller then others I got.seems fine now but I got that doubt so I will use in my cj7 for small stuff

Like : CRK, ZT, Big Chris, Carothers, GEC, T.A. Davison
Dislike : Currently none, there are some that don't appeal to me, so I don't buy those knives.

Like: Paramilitary 2, Manix 2, ZT 0801 series, Ka-Bar Dozier, Recon 1.....

Look...knives are like beer. They are all good. Some are better than others.

During an interview, Bob Loveless and his guest were eating steak for lunch. He was cutting his with a plastic knife. The interviewer questioned him..."you're Bob Loveless - the greatest knife maker on the planet- and you're cutting your steak with a plastic knife?"

His answer. "Yep. It works ".

Last edited:
they can still owned or sold or never bought

im a complete noob when comes to knives ,

first one i dont like spyderco , yeah i know i get it lol . i bought a few but sold them
just dont like the looks, feel or the hole or handles .

2 massdrop laconico
i loved it when i bought it and used it alot but closed on me and lost faith . its now in glove box of my jeep . i hate it but when gave way i can never trust it again

3 benchmade for their political views

hadnt got a 4 or 5

I’ll give you one of each:

a) Dislike intensely the Cold Steel Recon 1. I’d be delighted to have it on a desert island, as it is a solid knife to say the least, and I also admire its locking mechanism. But for me it is very uncomfortable. Not a pleasant user.

b) Like intensely the Fällkniven Pd Commemorative knife. 1,000 were made this year to mark their 35th anniversary. It’s a little bit good... :cool:

I like my Kizer/Gingrich Gti

AbX2j4s.jpg

Good ergonomics, feels sturdy, satisfying noise when it opens.

Something Andrew Demko make called the Bunker Buster. I can't find a photo.

CRKT Large Batum

QsGJnWx.jpg

This.

WwwL3KN.jpg

I don't wanna talk about it.

Opinel
Vic SAK Classic
Vic SAK Super Tinker
Case Peanut

Just a question...

In 2018 you said

In 2017 you said

In 2016 you said

This guy put in work.

yep and i appreciate it . oh by the way if anyone comes across this this olamic pm me i want it . its kinda gatorish .ive searched alot and cant find it for sale anywhere and might be discontinued , or does olamic do custom work ??
Olamic-Cutlery-Knives-Wayfarer-247-35-M390.jpg

I think it is ok to say what you like and through your experience what you did not like and why about some knives, how your experiences shaped your opinions of some knives.

Back