What kind of folder do you carry?

1210.jpg

Is S45VN an improvement over S35VN?

I know they put more stuff in it, but that's kind of like the way my mom makes soup. It starts off pretty good and then she puts too much stuff in it.

I’m not sure it’s any better, but just changing steel should give them an opportunity to review their HT protocol. That’s a good thing in my book.

zptS7z8.jpg

love this crazy folder, it's getting a little loose and there are a bunch of ripples along the edge, but there is no other knife that I know of that does what this thing does. I'd get another one in a heartbeat but they've gotten out of range in terms of cost, if I could even find one

zptS7z8.jpg

love this crazy folder, it's getting a little loose and there are a bunch of ripples along the edge, but there is no other knife that I know of that does what this thing does. I'd get another one in a heartbeat but they've gotten out of range in terms of cost, if I could even find one

Not sure it would hold up as well, but can get the Rajah II for much cheaper. Same size, but with Griv-Ex handle.

Not sure it would hold up as well, but can get the Rajah II for much cheaper. Same size, but with Griv-Ex handle.
I've used both and they're quite different. Tough to downgrade when you've had the good stuff

Honestly, I'm considering making my own. There are some serious issues with the handle design, and AUS-8 ain't that great. My version would have CPM3V to start with, no pocket grabber, a removable locking pin, but I'd rip off the Triad lock for sure. Just for my own use, of course.

I've used both and they're quite different. Tough to downgrade when you've had the good stuff

Honestly, I'm considering making my own. There are some serious issues with the handle design, and AUS-8 ain't that great. My version would have CPM3V to start with, no pocket grabber, a removable locking pin, but I'd rip off the Triad lock for sure. Just for my own use, of course.
No direct experience, but I hear good things about CS's AUS10a, so it might be worth trying out the latest version of the Rajah II. I'll swap you one for your 3V version, if you like.

Back