What kind of folder do you carry?

MZL2j7g.jpg

I don’t have a picture, but I get to carry my good ole mini grip that I thought I’d lost six months ago. Carried that thing for 2 years straight until I lost it. Followed my a week of searching and them resignation that I’d lost it…. Like loosing a old friend! Went through a period of switching knives and carrying different stuff and even though I have 3 other types of mini’s , that scuffed up old turd was missed. Night before last I was cleaning the flame sensor on the furnace at 2:30 am cause it didn’t feel like failing at a reasonable hour and got it going and was standing around waiting for it to start up and noticed I hadn’t put the overflow tube in the water heater when I replaced it. Installed it and there on top of the heater was…..no shit! MY BUDDY!!! Yep, it’s back. Well let’s just get you sharpened up and lubed! Welcome back my friend….

Pretty sweet vintage mail call today, the OG Vallotton Chameleon is awesome of course...the the two Kershaws are damn nifty too. They're both basically lockbacks/picklocks with different methods for releasing the lock (lever and wheel rotation)😎

Screenshot_20211207-184807_Photos~2.jpg

Steampunk Saturday 😎

20211204_174843~2.jpg
Finally picked up a pair of Stratas (big and bigger) this week.

Despite thinking my days of buying steel framelocks with D2 blades were behind me, I like them a lot. They're well made, nicely balanced, and are very unobtrusive in the pocket - I can easily get keys etc from my pocket withouth even noticing I'm carrying, and I don't worry about them getting marked up as they're not fancy knives I might re-sell one day.

Back