What Knife Curbed Your Knife Buying the Longest?

The Busse Steak Knife 3.4in, it has become my apple slicer. I use it for everything, and bring it with me everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Busse Steak Knife 3.4in, it has become my apple slicer. I use it for everything, and bring it with me everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Although I am not a member of the "Busse Family" as it were, I can honestly say I never expected to hear "Busse" and "steak knife" in the same sentence. Cool. :thumbup:

The CS Talwar full serrated has stopped any search for an SD folder.

The Gayle Bradley and BM 940 have ruined me on 3.5 folders.

The Spidie Techno (near small knife bliss) A thinner blade and it's shear bliss.

Chris Reeve / Wilson Combat Star-Tac. Curbed my knife buying by possibly being my favorite knife that I own, and by chewing up my budget for a good while.

Not so much one knife, as I filled my different niches.
boker urban trapper/cocobolo for work
940-1 for weekend

That means funds are getting diverted to fixed blades...

It wasn't so much buying one particular knife, but it was a forum challenge to only carry a single knife (plus a SAK, so really two, but nobody doing it would give up their SAKs) for 3 months. I did it, and at the end of the 3 months kept going because it had become a habit to just carry those two knives (a Case Small Texas Jack and a Vic Alox Cadet), and they took care of everything I needed.

I went about 6 months before starting to carry other knives in lieu of the Case, but instead of a different knife every day, I would tend to stick with the same one for weeks at a time. I exchanged the pleasure of novelty for the pleasure of getting to become familiar with and 'bond' with a series of knives. That has continued to this day and I generally will carry that Cadet, plus some other knife along with it for weeks or months before wanting to change out.

During the first month of that I still kept browsing web sites but knowing it would be another couple of months, I never bought anything new. Then after a while the urge to have new ones just sort of melted away and I even quit shopping for them. Since I was carrying the same things day in, day out, there wasn't much interest for me in some of the threads here so I didn't post as often.

I have bought a few more knives since then, but not many, and only when particular opportunities arose. I haven't bought a single pocket knife at all this year, though I do have one on pre-order now. Again, a special opportunity

So I don't think the fix is to keep buying more knives hoping to find one that will make you stop buying them. I think the fix is to pick just one and determine to carry and use just that one (plus a SAK :)) for an extended period.

I want to save up for an endura or Delica and hope i wont buy anymore after that

I was pretty content until the Blade Show. Good luck with the "won't buy anymore" part. :D For me, I am lusting for a handmade large chopper and have little need for it. The foundation was laid at the show, now I will just have to follow through in the next month or three. No hurry and it likely will be the last big blade I buy (not counting machetes).

Well, it slowed my -auto- knife buying down. Actually, it brought it to a dead halt. This is my grail auto and I didn't even know it when I bought it. Hardly anything else has been in my front right pocket since (a Paragon Warlock gives it a break occasionally)

1051b9e.jpg

The Delica has removed my desire to buy other knives , but not my desire to buy more Delica's .

Ken

The Delica has removed my desire to buy other knives , but not my desire to buy more Delica's .

Ken

Cuscadi Anso Dammy Delica? Nice. Now it just needs a spaceman clip and a tasteful lanyard :)

Native 5 in g10 has given a pause in new purchases...for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it was my buck 482, I didn't want to buy a new knife I wouldn't use .
I did finally by a case sodbuster Jr after 2yrs, but it wasn't until maybe 6-8mo later that I finally carried it.

Hi guys,

I'm always searching for a knife that might make me stop buying knives completely. But since it really isn't about the "perfect knife" for hardly any of us, I highly doubt that will ever happen. That said, some knives have managed to satisfy me long enough that it was quite a stretch before being interested in even looking at pics for awhile.

Well, and if I'm honest, knives I bought twelve or so years ago when I first got into the hobby probably would have been good enough to stop buying, all these years. I'm sure some can relate.

But anyway, I was wondering what knives you found, if any, that satisfied you so much you didn't even need to bother looking around for awhile, much less purchasing. Right now for me it's the Utilitac by Ontario and a cheaper CRKT, tied with a cool little Muela folder my s/o got me from Cuba. I'm still looking at a lot of pics online though... ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see some controversial looking threads in general that already have many replies and are likely quite juicy... gots to get my knife gossip on. ;)

I don't see this coming (at least not anytime soon) :) I don't buy knives often and when I do,,,, than only after very extensive research and comparisons to what I like most at the moment, to make the money worth....

Also, knives are my passion and love to read about them,looking at tons of pictures or video reviews, reading and listening to other people's opinions about particular models I am interested in, so it's very entertaining for me and fulfilling my joy for knives,buy is only a final moment...

If I buy hundred knives, there are at least couple of thousands of other knives I d love to try and have in my collection, so not ever thought to stop... I work very hard and a lot, so if I buy knives one, two or three times per year, it's always reward from myself to myself for hard earned money and nice feeling I don't want to give up...

Lg Sebenza 21 Micarta pretty well curbed my buying impulses. Well, other than the BM Crooked River, which was ordered before, but came in after. And the BM small Summit Lake which will be my Dad's 60th Bday gift.

Going to have to give a two-part answer:

1) Benchmade 940. My first EDC; carried it for ~8 years and it fulfilled all my knife needs outside the kitchen or the campsite.
>then I really got into knives. Bought dozens; (crap at first, then learned about quality and so on--mostly through Bladeforums. :thumbup:)

2) Benchmade 940-1. Been my EDC since I got it almost 2 years ago. Lightweight, portable, versatile, high-grade materials, sexy. Haven't had a real reason to buy another knife since then, (though I'm a compulsive window-shopper.)

the southern grind spider monkey satisfied my folder buying and a protech tr3 swat satisfied my auto buying,and both were fairly recent purchases.The spider monkey is light,tight and great steel--I just love it.

I thought it was my first serious knife, a Buck 110. And I did not buy knives for a long time, because in my very young eyes it was the best. Also, I was young and totally poor.
Then a spyder came along, and a butterfly, and Superman...

I am not at this stage yet, and I'm not impatient to reach it.

Last edited:
Back