1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What Knife Curbed Your Knife Buying the Longest?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by RedLynx, Jun 8, 2016.

1. tejasandre

tejasandre

Apr 23, 2016
    Small insingo. Only been maybe a month though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Bill_Brasky

Bill_Brasky

Aug 10, 2015
    Great choice, one of two knives I carry on an almost daily to the office.

The two knives that slowed my purchases the most and get most my non-office pocket time are my Benchmade 477-1 and my EnZo Birk 75 FFG. I've purchased more of course, but those two remain my bread and butter go-to blades.

3. xyrium

xyrium

Jun 5, 2016
    Grr, probably my BM 950 a few years back, but then the Spydie PM2 was offered in a seriously gorgeous blue handle and s110v, so I had to order it recently. I am also considering the blackwash Kershaw Blur, now that someone brought that model up in another thread, and because I finally found a low rider clip for it in black.

Wait, I suppose that means nothing has curbed the purchases yet. Darn it...

4. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Crap, this thread made me stop and think....and it made my brain overload trying to figure it out. Every time I think I have found the perfect knife, I find something else that I want to try. Then of course if I bought it, I must carry it to see what I like about it. As an admitted "accumulator", I do buy a few that just go on the shelf, but most I really want to try out.

So, just for fun I'll name one knife that I really can't find anything that I don't like about it....the ZT0562CF. Love pretty much everything about it, and probably spent the most time in pocket (still not that long overall though). The fit/finish/looks/materials/action/carry/edge retention, all are pretty sweet. But alas new ZT's and Spyder's came along and must be given the opportunity to hit the pocket. So now the left pocket is the ZT0456, and the right pocket bounces between a Spyder GB2 and Waved Endura.

Edit: I should add that I did go a very long time without buying a new knife. But these were acquired in my pre/early teens (70's maybe? [emoji1]). The three blade Western on the left was my Fathers. And the Precise Lockback in the middle on right was my childhood Grail knife. I saved the money (seemed like forever), to rescue from it's countertop spinner prison at the local sporting goods shop.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  5. JR88FAN

JR88FAN

May 5, 2013
    Small Insingo.

Haven't owned a knife that works better for me, so it's glued to my pocket....

This is the longest I've gone in a LONG time without buying a knife (5 months) how long can this satisfaction last?!!!

6. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    Case Bose Zulu spear has put the need for another slipjoint out of my life for the last three years. I have a sweet 1995 Mike Franklin small fixed blade that has kept me from buying small fixed blades for about 6 years now (3"blade, 6" knife, ancient micarta, thin as three sticks of gum).

7. Monocrom

Monocrom

Feb 1, 2006
    Spyderco Centofante III

Just an excellent, thin-bladed EDC. Carried it for over a year. Though the fact that I lost my job just after buying it, helped a bit.

8. EricV

EricV Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Small Sebenza, it was about a year before I even look at other folders, and almost 2 before I bought any. Even now that I'm buying again so far nothing has stuck around for long. Fixed blade wise my rc3 filled my needs for about 4 years, now the Lon Humphrey Muley I got to scratch that itch has so far put a damper on those again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. addylo

addylo

Oct 28, 2009
    Mnandi. It's certainly not the last knife I'll ever buy but I've been infatuated with it since I got it and haven't looked at much else. The perfect gentleman's folder.

[​IMG]

10. Wheeler80

Wheeler80 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Ontario Rat in D2

It's nothing special but it's damn close to being my perfect work edc. This is an old pic. It's a little more rough looking now.

[​IMG]

11. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    I ve had a Rat 1 with D2 steel for about a month now. While it doesn t stop me from looking at other knives, I must admit, it s proving to be a good edc working knife. Quite a bargain.

12. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Knife purchases always seem to just fuel to the flames. Sure, I just got this sweet knife (x), but I wonder how (y) would be or maybe a (z). I love it.