What knife did you carry *most* in 2000?

*CS Scimitar*

I hope to split the carry duties this year with several other models hopefully to include a William Henry Amber Spearpoint.
smile.gif

--The Raptor--

Out here in Wyoming, where I could legally carry anything I wanted to, by far the knife I carry the most is the Buck Lightning. With its 2" blade it fits easily into my pocket, and I use it to open letters; cut cardboard, string, plastic; and to dig out the occasional splinter.

No question about it: small Centofante made by Spyderco. Had it with me at almost all times, all year long. It got replaced by a custom PJ Tomes fron-lock folder with pearl scales and a three inch 420V blade, but I still clip the Centofante to my clothes around home all the time.

Carl, glad to see you back man!
smile.gif

Paracelsus

Nice question!

1. My Benchmade AFCK in M2. Why? Because if I am honest, while this knife has flaws, specificaly the way it likes to scrape the liners and scuff the BT2 and the fact that it is a combo edge blade (my fault).

The simple truth is I love it! It wobbles slightly from side to side when I pull it as a result of the liner flex, this causes the blade to move out of center. This caused the damage to the blade right from the word go. As a result this knife immediatly became a 'use at will' knife and not a collecting knife. This means I use it and use it and... I own several knives that are better as a folder. Specifically my Classic MM Sebi. I have yet to even cut anything with that knife! To damn expensive...

W.A.

------------------
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

Spyderco Ladybug on my keychain, Spyderco Delica in right front pocket, and original Leatherman on my belt. Once it got cold enough (jacket weather) my Merlin, Endura, and Native joined the club.

Flinx

The most pocket time goes to the Victorinox Soldier; never leave home without it.

The other pocket is filled with large or small sebenza, or sometimes an Umfaan.

Paragrpah #1, by the way, anwswers this question for me for the last twenty years or so.

dan

I carry my Spyderco Police the majority of the time, but I had my Case Trapper redbone in my pocket every day. I just can't leave that Trapper at home.

I picked up an Al Mar SERE 2000 in July and carried it the most from July on. The other knife that I carried was a Spyderco Wegner. This is the best overall knife I have seen. Also have carried a MT UDT 2000 EVERY DAY since October.

------------------
Art Sigmon
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Php. 4:13

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"
Heb. 4:12

I only carried one knife this year. Kinda broke so I couldn't get new ones. MOD Hornet.

AFCK saw the most time by far, for three years running. Getting bumped by Axis locks, now, though.

For most of last year, two Spyderco Delicas, one for each pocket. Then I discovered the Crawford mini-Kaspers. I keep a custom tactical one in my jeans, and just received Pat's custom mini-Kasper with Mastodon handle, a real beauty. That'll be with my suits, dressier wear for business. Now, I just also discovered the Lightfoot Pit Bull and Blackwood medium Tactical (just got the Lightfoot, expect the Blackwood next month). So, I'm thinking of carrying one of them concealed either horizontal on belt or in an ankle rig. As long as it doesn't interfere with my Ed Brown 1911 or Les Baer Thunder Ranch in my IWB strong side.

------------------
"I love to do things that scare me, because without fear there is no courage..."

[This message has been edited by Paladin1 (edited 01-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Paladin1 (edited 01-07-2001).]

It was a Benchmade 710 and Leatherman Micra for me. Usually had a Dozier Pro Guide in my briefcase too
biggrin.gif

Probably my Benchmade 710, but my Tanto Sebenza would be a close second.

Art

Although I seldom carry the same ones two days in a row, my large CRKT Crawford/Kasper, and a Gerber Easy-out Jr. with the clip removed probably saw more pocket duty than any others.Why? The little Gerber is light in the pocket and razor sharp, and the Kasper is just what it is!

------------------
AKTI Member #A000934
"Always just one knife short of perfection!"

Back