What knife just makes you smile?

This one was my dad's, and it was very heavily used. Bark River refurbished it for me last year, and it's perfect again. Definitely makes me smile:

Cold Steel mega folders all day long. They're like a cartoon brought to life! Not real practical for my real uses, but just so great!

2hcke3c.jpg

My father carried this Klein 44034 everyday for 15-20 years, and this Buck 425 was the first pocket knife he ever gave to me. Every day that I see them, I think of him and smile.

Nice taste, Spyder!

Sure a nice one. Is the lockup getting late or something...is that why the concern?

Ever wish it had a lanyard hole? :)
Sometimes; waving a knife out of the pocket is easier with a lanyard in my experience.

Nice taste, Spyder!

Sometimes; waving a knife out of the pocket is easier with a lanyard in my experience.

I 2nd this. Why do you think all my folders have lanyards... ;)

[video=youtube;9b4vj4r_Qdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b4vj4r_Qdw[/video]

Just about all moderately well made knives make me smile. Big fixed blades knives give me a silly grin.

I'm surprised you found one - you almost never see them. I'd snatch it up! Here's another look at mine........

Yeah, I think it's a case of he got someone's safe queen and is trying to sell it as new. Not that atypical around here with some knives.....

Mine is the maroon native 5 forum knife w/s90v love the color and the steel ,also if I need to sharpen it I dont need to sharpen 5" of s90v,to me it's kind of like a cross between a knife and a Kiradashi,also light as hell,thats what makes me grin..:)

My Blind Horse Knives Bushcrafter, Wood-Bear Knives Black Bear and Bryan Breeden Pathfinder. Oh yeah, and any of my Mora Companions.

My Svord mini Peasant makes me happy. It's lightweight, strong, cuts well, is fun to open and close. I wish I had more room in my pocket to carry it every day.
Svord_Mini.jpg

I will eventually break down and get one of those. I am a sucker for tools that prioritize function over aesthetics. The total lack of sophistication has a charm of its own.

For me it's my BM mini grip. There's just some thing about a coated blade that shows all the marks and scratches. Like what have you cut, slashed or pryed open. kinda badge of honor.

Back