1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What knife just makes you smile?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by retzius, Jan 6, 2016.

1. link2derek

link2derek

Oct 8, 2010
    This one was my dad's, and it was very heavily used. Bark River refurbished it for me last year, and it's perfect again. Definitely makes me smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bill1170

Bill1170 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Cold Steel mega folders all day long. They're like a cartoon brought to life! Not real practical for my real uses, but just so great!

4. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    [​IMG]

My father carried this Klein 44034 everyday for 15-20 years, and this Buck 425 was the first pocket knife he ever gave to me. Every day that I see them, I think of him and smile.

5. Kwon Kwang

Kwon Kwang

Jul 7, 2013
    Nice taste, Spyder!

Sometimes; waving a knife out of the pocket is easier with a lanyard in my experience.

6. Fred S2

Fred S2

Sep 5, 2008
    For big smile, BM LFK. For cool smile, I guess S90V Military

7. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    I 2nd this. Why do you think all my folders have lanyards... ;)

[video=youtube;9b4vj4r_Qdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b4vj4r_Qdw[/video]

8. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Just about all moderately well made knives make me smile. Big fixed blades knives give me a silly grin.

9. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Sharp ones

And shiny ones

10. EChoil

EChoil Banned BANNED

May 22, 2014
    Yeah, I think it's a case of he got someone's safe queen and is trying to sell it as new. Not that atypical around here with some knives.....

11. KNIGHTENFORCER

KNIGHTENFORCER Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2008
    These 2 :)
    [​IMG]

12. BITEME

BITEME Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Mine is the maroon native 5 forum knife w/s90v love the color and the steel ,also if I need to sharpen it I dont need to sharpen 5" of s90v,to me it's kind of like a cross between a knife and a Kiradashi,also light as hell,thats what makes me grin..:)

13. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    Any time I get to carry my Fletcher Knives Hatchulla III or Hinderer XM-24 I am grinning!

[​IMG]

14. Icky Thump

Icky Thump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

15. utah_fish

utah_fish Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2011
    My Blind Horse Knives Bushcrafter, Wood-Bear Knives Black Bear and Bryan Breeden Pathfinder. Oh yeah, and any of my Mora Companions.

16. addylo

addylo

Oct 28, 2009
    This.

[​IMG]

17. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    My Junglas

18. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    For me, biggest blade=biggest grin :D

[​IMG]

19. supergnat

supergnat

Jun 27, 2015
    I will eventually break down and get one of those. I am a sucker for tools that prioritize function over aesthetics. The total lack of sophistication has a charm of its own.

20. PaPrepper

PaPrepper Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2014
    For me it's my BM mini grip. There's just some thing about a coated blade that shows all the marks and scratches. Like what have you cut, slashed or pryed open. kinda badge of honor.