What knife to get under 40usd/eur?

Hello!

Looking for a good, functional and very strong knife that wouldn't brake on small amounts of weight.
Will be used for Urban exploration aka Urbex.

Looking for manufacturer or knife name.

All suggestions are welcomed.

Ka-bar Wrench Knife.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/KA...de-one-piece-construction-hard-plastic-sheath

Right at the top end of your price limit, but sturdy, practical, and unique. There are very few places offering a warranty and heat treat consistency like Ka-Bar does, for the price.

Knives are fun, I grant you. But I wonder if a demolition tool would be a better way to spend your money?

Another idea would be what's called a "box hatchet", or a "crate axe". Look it up, you may discover something you didn't know you needed.

Last edited:
Ka-bar Wrench Knife.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/KA...de-one-piece-construction-hard-plastic-sheath

Right at the top end of your price limit, but sturdy, practical, and unique. There are very few places offering a warranty and heat treat consistency like Ka-Bar does, for the price.

Knives are fun, I grant you. But I wonder if a demolition tool would be a better way to spend your money?

Another idea would be what's called a "box hatchet", or a "crate axe". Look it up, you may discover something you didn't know you needed.

Never knew that existed, but now I want one if the blade isn't overly thick.
It really does look like an adjustable wrench, but I notice that they spent more time on the hole than you'd find on most adjustables no matter the price or make.

Oh and to the op I'd say just get a knife that functions well for proper non abusive knife tasks and an inexpensive small wrecking bar.

i have scoliosis and its hard for me to see what your post is... i think you would want a good one tho buckaroo, honestly the local "wal-mart" has some good optiond !!?

Ka-bar Wrench Knife.

Beware, that item is not in stock

Never knew that existed, but now I want one if the blade isn't overly thick.
It really does look like an adjustable wrench, but I notice that they spent more time on the hole than you'd find on most adjustables no matter the price or make.

Oh and to the op I'd say just get a knife that functions well for proper non abusive knife tasks and an inexpensive small wrecking bar.

Says it's .188" thick at the spine, or 3/16 for those who don't want to do the math (like me). It's a little thicker than the "usual" stock, but I like my knives with a little extra built in to resist the knuckle dragging.

Says it's .188" thick at the spine, or 3/16 for those who don't want to do the math (like me). It's a little thicker than the "usual" stock, but I like my knives with a little extra built in to resist the knuckle dragging.
Definitely not much of a slicer then, I still think it's cool but 3/16" is too thick for me in a knife this size.
Hell 1/4" is even thicker than I like, I love super slicers.

Huh!

My employer has a mutual back-scratching arrangement with Motion Industries. Anything under two weeks seems fast, to me!

Honestly, you could get by with a Mora Companion. I did some urban exploration way back in the day. It's crucial to have a knife but it probably shouldn't see a ton of "hard use". Tasks like prying, hard scraping, etc. should fall to a different tool. Your knife will see occasional cutting and maybe piercing. Of course, "urban exploration" can refer to a pretty wide range of activities and environments such as hacking elevators, exploring infrastructure, or effectively "caving" in old tunnels.

I hope you'll come back to tell us more about your hobby. Some specifics as to scope will help with the recommendations. Other questions might include: is there any chance your knife will need to double as a defensive tool? Will you be in places where it would be wise to comply with particular knife laws? Do you have any other knife-related preferences?

Based on the stories I've heard from friends who have done some urban exploration, interaction with the police could be a possibility. It seems like it would be a good idea to look up and comply with your local knife laws in order to avoid trouble later on.

I'd suggest a Multitool actually. A used Leatherman Wave would come in at about $50. A Gerber MP600 for half that. There are a whole bevy of options available new at around your price point though they won't necessarily be as full featured.

Back