What knives do you own in the $150-300 range that you feel are worth every penny?

My EDC fixed blade, for the last year and a half has been a White River Sendero Classic. $300, and worth every penny, in my opinion. It's cut everything I've asked of it, and looks good doing it. Might get the M1 Caper, as well. I don't need it, but I do like it.

My EDC fixed blade, for the last year and a half has been a White River Sendero Classic. $300, and worth every penny, in my opinion. It's cut everything I've asked of it, and looks good doing it. Might get the M1 Caper, as well. I don't need it, but I do like it.

Do you have any photos of it?

Benchmade 940-2
Hogue Ritter RSK MK1 G2

Imo, the longer you carry a quality knife that you enjoy and is useful, the cheaper it gets by the day/month/year.

Cost is always relative also.
For example, I just started doing some spring related work around the house, and see that I need to replace some plants (boxwoods, etc), which are really expensive this year; so getting one of these knives is cheaper than that.

Benchmade 940-2
Hogue Ritter RSK MK1 G2

Imo, the longer you carry a quality knife that you enjoy and is useful, the cheaper it gets by the day/month/year.

Cost is always relative also.
For example, I just started doing some spring related work around the house, and see that I need to replace some plants (boxwoods, etc), which are really expensive this year; so getting one of these knives is cheaper than that.
Plants are stupid expensive. I need to landscape the yard at our new house and it's going to be close to $2k when I'm done. And that doesn't include the cost of removing a large pine that's tilting dangerously.

Plants are stupid expensive. I need to landscape the yard at our new house and it's going to be close to $2k when I'm done. And that doesn't include the cost of removing a large pine that's tilting dangerously.

I hear ya. Removing the pine will be hundreds more.

I am moving to a new house soon. I haven't moved in 20+ years. Last time I moved, the moving company charged me $1000.

Lowest quotes I've received so far are $9K. :mad::poop:

For sure. We are on 2/3 acre, mostly backyard. We have a bur oak that is around 220 years old. It's massive. When it goes, I don't even want to speculate the cost to remove.

For years the lot next to us was a marsh, lower than our house. A house was built there 20 years ago, raising the elevation screwing up drainage for everyone. Caused us to lose three mature ash trees. Then the new owners put up a wood privacy fence, which killed another ash tree.

In that it was a marsh, the beautiful custom home has sunk, has cracks in the foundation, fence is falling over on our side. They used to have two of those fancy brick pillars with lights at the entrance to their drive. Both sunk and fell over. Meanwhile, my dad has been replanting ever since it was built. It's been expensive.

Me, being disabled, have no plans to own a single family home, at least not here in Illinois.

For sure. We are on 2/3 acre, mostly backyard. We have a bur oak that is around 220 years old. It's massive. When it goes, I don't even want to speculate the cost to remove.

For years the lot next to us was a marsh, lower than our house. A house was built there 20 years ago, raising the elevation screwing up drainage for everyone. Caused us to lose three mature ash trees. Then the new owners put up a wood privacy fence, which killed another ash tree.

In that it was a marsh, the beautiful custom home has sunk, has cracks in the foundation, fence is falling over on our side. They used to have two of those fancy brick pillars with lights at the entrance to their drive. Both sunk and fell over. Meanwhile, my dad has been replanting ever since it was built. It's been expensive.

Me, being disabled, have no plans to own a single family home, at least not here in Illinois.

I'm no builder...but even I can see the red flags when constructing on a marsh.

Good luck with that pine! And yeah, I will need at least a few boxwoods, and best rate I found around here for a not so big one is 168. I can get another 940 or RSK, or something else for every one or two of them. It would be more to get someone to dig and plant them, but I always do that stuff myself, so labor is my own...another ‘credit’ for me, lol.

I am moving to a new house soon. I haven't moved in 20+ years. Last time I moved, the moving company charged me $1000.

9K seems crazy to me. We want to move soon also. When we get to that point, I would like to donate or get rid of a bunch of stuff.

Hogue EX-02 folder and FOX Trekking Bowie. $198 for the Hogue and $150 for the FOX.
I probably could have got them cheaper on EBAY. But for expensive knives I really like SMKW or knife center.

Kind of a no man's land for me in terms of folders. An $80 Manix 2 LW is a great utility knife that will do 90% of what anything in that price range will. If you really want that extra edge retention though you could look at Benchmade Super Freek or Spyderco Gayle Bradley.

Prestige/collectable knives start around $400.

Taking down the pine will be about $1300 in this area.

We just moved 7 months ago and had them pack and move everything for $4k. And that was up and down 4 flights of stairs at our condo. $9k seems a little excessive unless you are moving a prized boulder collection.

Ha, someone bought the lot that is next to my cabin for a stupid amount of money. Guess they never wondered why no one had built on it before. Yes it's right on the river and pretty, but when you walk on the land you sink a good 4 inches. Not sure how they think they will put a house there.

F268-F623-3-FFB-46-E6-A688-BC11833581-C7.jpg

Worth every penny.
.....what he said... !

..... I ummmm have "a couple" but that one gets most of the love (probably because it lives in my hunting bag so inadvertently goes on almost every trip).

Good thing you have “a couple” RMDs since you only have that one ASH. ;):D

I’m gonna strip one of my RMDs, but I’m gonna beat most of the coating off first.

Hogue Ritter RSK MK1 G2 - Made in USA, contoured with 3D milled handle, 20CV steel, support knife right, famous designer, great design all in $160
ZT0562TI - one of the best all around all Ti framelock knife

Good thing you have “a couple” RMDs since you only have that one ASH. ;):D
.....yes....of course....."one"... :D One of those also lives in the same bag so makes the same trips (thought that "one" has been rotated a couple of times". My B4 Supermodel and Skeleton Key are also there each and every time as well.

Back