What knives do you own in the $150-300 range that you feel are worth every penny?

Dergyll

Gold Member
-Spyderco military s30v. I got this one factory second cheap, but its worth every penny, one of the best large carries; light and slim, takes a beating
-hogue deka. Because it's just better than the bugout (dont hate) in my opinion
-WE Kitefin, the LE one. OMG beautiful, light, well crafted, feels like a much more expensive knife
-Benchmade 200 puukko/202 Leuku. This is enough fixed blade for most people, but why stop at 1?

I also think the Manix lines are Spyderco's best bargains, they're usually quite a bit cheaper than their other lines even with premium steel. Spydies are getting up there in price though...

Edit: benchmade M4 freek and Contego are honorary mentions

All of them: Benchmade, Spyderco, Cold Steel, Buck (Custom Shop). You generally get what you pay for, and the quality of knives in that price range has never been higher IMHO.

BladeOwner72

Gold Member
I would have to go with my Sandrin Dellatorre Slip-Joint.....it is an amazing knife with an exceptional feel and quality. The blade is Flexible Tungsten Carbide with black finish...well worth its money for a lower end knife around 275ish.
3-29-2021.PNG

ferider

Gold Member
$280. 6" of M390 out of Cheburkov's workshop. Perrfect.

i-TDLxfgC-X4.jpg

Yes, though the one that perhaps surprised me the most is the SOG Seal XR. I paid about $170 and I'm genuinely sort of floored by the quality and how much I like it. The fit and finish is excellent, the action is perfect and the XR lock feels like a genuine improvement over any other Axis style lock that I've owned. I bought it largely based on a review shinyedges shinyedges did a couple years back, and he sure as hell wasn't wrong.

JB in LV

Gold Member
/consults spreadsheet and surprised by how few:

Benchmade 940-2
Spyderco Para 2, Sage 2, Sage 5
CRK Pro Soldier
Maher & Grosh Yankee Whittler
Northwoods Presidential

shinyedges

Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Yes, though the one that perhaps surprised me the most is the SOG Seal XR. I paid about $170 and I'm genuinely sort of floored by the quality and how much I like it. The fit and finish is excellent, the action is perfect and the XR lock feels like a genuine improvement over any other Axis style lock that I've owned. I bought it largely based on a review shinyedges shinyedges did a couple years back, and he sure as hell wasn't wrong.
Still got it, still use it and like. Hope you been well! Screenshot_20210330-212333_Gallery.jpg

shinyedges

Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Good to see you on, my friend! I'm loving the Seal XR and I appreciate you putting in the time to review it.

Unfortunately, had bad health news last week. Heading to OSU to meet with the team and figure out treatment tomorrow.
Very sorry to hear this, I do wish you well. May better health come your way.