What light is in your EDC?

Zéfal Zoom LED flashlight/bicycle headlight with quick disconnect bicycle mount.
18650 battery.

I have two on my adult trike.

Sorry, no model number on it.

I carry a convoy s2+ with 3 Cree xpl hi 5000k leds. Very small package and cranks out 2000+ lumen on turbo. Runs on a 18650 and i have a short tube to run it on a 18350. The driver is very customizable so I have multiple modes programmed into it. The mode I almost always use is 500 lumen/turbo with turbo strobe double click. Tried the turbo strobe on myself and it is absolutely disorienting even when expecting it. Good for 4 or 2 legged varmints alike. Here it is in 18650 configuration next to my zt 0560 for scale.
20181030-031218.jpg

20181030-031032.jpg

vXMuzny.jpg

Olight I3E. The entire light is the size of an AA battery. I get a couple months off a good AAA battery. Plenty bright for EDC stuff and costs all of $10. Which is great, because I WILL lose a more expensive light. At least with this it's not that big of a deal.

I have three that get carried regularly. Olight S1 baton, a copper Maratac CR123, and a Novatac EDC.

Energizer Hardcase 250. Use it every night as a security guard. I know nothing about good flashlights. It was cheap and bright. Early on, it seemed to go through batteries awfully quick but seems to be fine now. May have been the batteries I was using.

I'm open to suggestions for a waterproof bright light that will fit in a jacket pocket. Also has to be easy on batteries.

Keyring light is a Fenix E05 mk2,"pocket" light is an E12, "backup" light is an E21, and my "SAR" light is a TK41C, plus an assortment of black diamond headlamps.
jux t jux t , I'd look at the AA powered Fenix lights, plenty bright, and if you get a decent set of rechargables you'll be able to keep it fed. Even the Ikea NiMh batteries are good, and you will always be able to find spares. Other batteries are brighter and run longer, but cost more, and you won't find spares half way through a shift at the corner store. Just look for a good balance of bright enough, with enough run-time to get what you think you need.

EagleTac D25LC2, when I want something more than my keyring light, which is currently a Nitecore Tini. I had a MecArmy SGN3 that I loved, but I lost it. Thought about getting another but decided to try the Tini instead. Still undecided about which I prefer, but leaning toward the SGN3, not enough to get one unless something happens to the Tini, though.

Reactions: BBW
I've been carrying the AAAx2 Extreme - Tactical Light by Maratac. A reasonably light titanium inspection light. I like the 385 Lumens and can't see going lower than that on another light.

EagleTac D25LC2, when I want something more than my keyring light, which is currently a Nitecore Tini. I had a MecArmy SGN3 that I loved, but I lost it. Thought about getting another but decided to try the Tini instead. Still undecided about which I prefer, but leaning toward the SGN3, not enough to get one unless something happens to the Tini, though.
Can't imagine needing more than the TINI.
Got 'em both.
6Nkb5yCh.jpg

Monday I bought myself a maglite solitare LED for days when I don't want to have my belt pouch on me where the AAA LED minimag lives, I put the clip that came with the Minimag on it and one of the split rings from the included lanyard keeps the light from sliding through.

Led maglites may not be the latest and greatest, but they're affordable simple American made lights that I happen to like.
This LED Solitaire is around 50L which is more than enough for me.

Last edited:
I was carrying a Maratac AAA, but if I wasn't wearing a shirt with a pocket, I'd put it in my pants pocket. Poor thing went through the wash half a dozen times because I'd miss it when loading the washer. (It did survive that and I still use it, but it is no longer carried every day.)

I've switched to a Nitecore Tube. I put an S clip on it and clip one end to a belt loop and put the light itself in my watch pocket. I mostly use the 1 lumen setting. I walk in the park at night and my favorite path is poorly lit and unpaved. 1 lumen is enough to show the rocks while still leaving me my night vision.

As with my knives, I don't carry a light for self defense so the fact that it's max output is 45 Lumens is not an issue to me. 45 Lumens is bright enough for me to get a good look at something if I need to. I'm much more interested in how long a charge or battery lasts than in how bright the thing is.

I have the usual bargain bin led lights that I bought the dollar store as well as a couple incan Maglites from years ago. However, this summer for some reason I decided I needed new flashlights and I bought three Olights, an i1r that resides on my keyring, an i3t that is my pocket light, and an m2r. My EDC lights are the first two as I don't carry the Warrior (it stays at home).

I purloined a slip that I made for a mini trapper to put the i3t in to keep it from rattling around in my change. I carry far too much junk in my pockets.

I just got an Olight M1T. I've been completely fascinated by complex and immensely powerful flashlights for a long time, but I've come to accept the fact that, for my use, high, low and off are all the settings I'm really gonna use.

carried the preon p1 for awhile. i always preferred the “twisty”. but i lost it.

i replaced it with a massdrop brass “clicky”. had it in my pocket for well over a year. i like it a lot.

B90017E6-D214-49D9-9728-B0365865EE6C.jpeg

Back