What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Will they be Etched-Blued-pre patina? Love this all steel idea. Can't wait to have one. Are they 3 3/8 or 3 1/2 long?

Can't wait for these. Definitely makes my very long "short" list of knives I must have. I think it just took the top spot!

Thanks for the appreciative comments, everyone. This pattern development process is the best part of knife production in my opinion. Reproducing the oldies is a win-win situation!
These scans of a 1920s catalogue pages, show part of the inspiration for the pattern number "15".
Schrade's pattern number is the middle two digits.
15patternSchradecatpage.jpg

15patternSchradecatpage2.jpg

Another part of the inspiration is, an engineer in GEC's establishment has a connection with Barstow, CA. And the Barlow, through rhyme and other word similarity, reminds him of that city on route #15!

Last edited:
Yoo, hoo, Charlie--

Which of the knives in your examples above have capped ends, hmmmmm?

;)

~ P.

Well, at least now we can say that Queen is being Traditional when they make typos in their presentations of new knives.

Top picture of the two. Third knife down on the right. #L2153. That don't look like a "Clip blade" to me.

Gee, Charlie, for a bit there I thought you were going for TERRIER CUTLERY.:)

TerrierTCCBarlowB.jpg

I'm sure the Tidioute barlows are going to be impressive knives.

Charlie Noyes

Thanks. That "TCC" stamp has always put me in mind of a dapper gent with mustache and pinze nez spectacles. Kind of like the character in the movie Life With Father.

Thanks. That "TCC" stamp has always put me in mind of a dapper gent with mustache and pinze nez spectacles. Kind of like the character in the movie Life With Father.

That's what I'm "seeing" as well-- I just didn't have it narrowed down to a character yet.

Thanks! Fine knife, that.

~ P.

Great pic CNoyes. Perhaps Hercule Poirot?

Really looking forward to this longer Barlow. I've been mostly buying ebony covers, but for this it will have to be sawcut bone.

Yoo, hoo, Charlie--

Which of the knives in your examples above have capped ends, hmmmmm?

;)

~ P.

You are like the angel on my right shoulder, ~P, keeping me on the straight and narrow path!
Sorry I didn't turn the page, folks! Here are the capped versions!! GEC is coming out with one very soon!
15patternSchradecatpage3.jpg

I love the 2153 with chain. They all look great but know I think I need a knife on a chain.

On the other hand errr - shoulder - Remarks like this stimulate my evil show-off gene. My Chain of Fools for your perusal. The metal one is an Imperial, and I'm looking for a chain for the bottom one. I finally found the single blade (top) on ebay just last week!

ChainofFools.jpg

Charlie Noyes, that Terrier will always be one of the Top Ten Barlows in the world!!:D

Charlie, in the above photo I love the slender bladed dark handled model second from the top.

Can't quite make out the tang stamp though. Whose make??

Back