What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Nice Group of ancients, John!!:eek:
I love those pictures!!:thumbsup:

Question for anyone - to go back 400 pages in this thread - is there a shortcut??
Or do you have to go back 2-3 pages at a time???o_O

Rather than scroll through hundreds of pages, I like to just change the web address bar to get roughly where I want to be in huge threads like this.

For example, my search bar says: "www.bladeforums.com/threads/what-makes-a-good-traditional-barlow.1009441/page-901"

To go back 400 pages, I would change the 901 to 501. Doesn't get much easier than that in my opinion.

Hello Charlie ,
On the to of the page, you have the address, at the end of it you should have the number of the page . I'm you change it you can go directly to the page you want.

John your photo is just great . I have hopefully not the two other Barlow. If I would have them if would be a help every morning to choosethe one I would take in my pocket :eek:

A

Question for anyone - to go back 400 pages in this thread - is there a shortcut??
In the address bar, https://bladeforums.com/threads/what-makes-a-good-traditional-barlow.1009441/page-901#post-18477977
you replace page-901#post-18477977 by the number of the page you want
https://bladeforums.com/threads/what-makes-a-good-traditional-barlow.1009441/page-400 , then enter.

IYA7CIq.jpg

Do you guys think the upcoming 14 TC in Ebony will have rounded or square edges?

On the 2017 Ebony 15 TC Barlow’s the Ebony was rounded along the edges. On the current progress pics the slabs look more square.

I’m just curious. I am really getting anxious to get my 14 Ebony in hand.

Thanks to all of you who pointed out that you just change the page number in the address!!
Not intuitive for an old F^rt like me!!:(:p:D

Do you guys think the upcoming 14 TC in Ebony will have rounded or square edges?

On the 2017 Ebony 15 TC Barlow’s the Ebony was rounded along the edges. On the current progress pics the slabs look more square.

I’m just curious. I am really getting anxious to get my 14 Ebony in hand.
I hear ya there I've got one of each on order and I'm just going to see witch I like better.

Here is one for r redden r redden to ogle, gift from my dad when I was a teenager
nPftvFo.jpg

That's a beauty Jody and extra special because it came from your dad. :thumbsup::cool: I can't put my finger why the 494 is so appealing to me I really like a sheepsfoot blade and the bolsters with the tree brand logo appeal to me I guess it's rhe overall look and they are an exceptionally well made knife that takes a razor edge with good retention.

Thanks to all of you who pointed out that you just change the page number in the address!!
Not intuitive for an old F^rt like me!!:(:p:D

I didn't know that either Charlie. We got a tablet last year, managed to get it going but not much progress since then. The Grand kids say it's all intuitive. Not for us.:rolleyes:

I know I've posted this everywhere but here's the deal because of a bad situation I went through last year I had no choice but to sell off my collection. I'm back on my feet and starting to rebuild but for now I'm only concentrating on vintage Barlows my true knife obsession. Thanks for several members generosity including yours Charlie and the bit of money I have to spend on knives I've got a good start. I know it's not a very big collection but for me it's exciting to watch it grow.

7XBMRtB.jpg

lfttnEA.jpg

Thanks to Duncan added a Wostenholm and a 2 blade Russel to the Barlow collection and I added a single blade Russell on my own. The 2 Russells are interesting in that they have early tang stamps that I did not have. The 2 blade has a curved short arrow stamp and the single blade has curved with diamonds, both of these early tank stamps came after the Russell straight line.

IMG_9418.jpg IMG_9421.jpg IMG_9420.jpg

Back