What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Posted this photo before but here’s a few good, traditional (single blade) barlows.

wWSFLxz.jpg

Very nice group of Barlows (as usual), Wayne! :thumbsup:

Couple I added this week.

Sweet! I also added a pair. I got in two of the current Case Barlows, the yellow delrin 2 blade and the antique bone single blade. Absolutely smooth and solid in both incarnations, I find myself carrying the single blade most often. Sturdy and perfectly executed, it disappears in dress slacks or in the change pocket of my jeans, thinner than a peanut (about the size of my Buck 503, another EDC favorite for me). Great to have the pattern return to production in an American factory.

Yeah they do, Rockon, but if I scanned it, it didn't come from one of my dealers. I get a handful to back up the dealers if needed, and for my archive collection. After a while I sell off the extras!
(No, I don't have any folks, so please don't write me!! They go fast!!)

The ebony varied quite a bit on those, Travman! Yours is a nice one, well photographed!!
You know. . . . . . . .I think you got it from me!!! Look at the second-last one down!!
View attachment 1062181
That is the same one. Good catch Charlie. Thanks for the compliment on the picture. That was a rare picture for me where the sunlight didn’t ruin the picture. Most of mine are taken in the shade or on overcast days.

Back