1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What SAK are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by arizonaranchman, Sep 21, 2014.

1. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    :D Thanks James!!! LOL, not this time but it is a unique color for a Wenger.

Look at the difference between it and a Vic Emerald Green.
    [​IMG]

2. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Robert, I rarely capture others pics, I mean rarely... this one I tried. Hope you don't mind, I thought it would make a good screen saver. It didn't work.

The dark green Vic makes the Wenger green seem even more radiant!!! Both good lookin' knives but... that lime green is so special!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  3. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    [​IMG]

4. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Beijing Opera Mask Climber on mail duty today!!!!
    [​IMG]

WinonaRail likes this.
  5. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    :thumbup::thumbup:

6. troutdreamer

troutdreamer

Feb 1, 2016
    One of the ones I would like to own. The other one is the Wilderness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    [​IMG]

8. MostMenAreRuthless

MostMenAreRuthless

Sep 27, 2011
    This Old Cross came to me in decent shape, but it was filthy, tools were very tight, and it lacked that "snap and pop" SAK's usually spoil us with. The tools were in overall good shape, the awl has a small ding on the edge, and the blade edge was heavily chipped.

So, I spent a bit of time with this one as well to see if I could bring back to a nice user condition. It still has a bit of work to go, but as a start I gave it a nice thorough soak in WD40 to loosen up the joints and help ease off some of the grime. Then it got a bath in hot water and dish soap. At this point the grime was starting to come off, but it still gad some grease and other debris in the joints and tight spaces. So, I used my heavy-duty household use steam cleaner to completely sanitize it and remove any remaining bits of filth.

The joints were beginning to loosen up nicely and much of the snap and pop had been restored. The only tool still having an issue is the screwdriver--the liner is slightly bent towards the tip of it and it causes the screwdriver to be difficult to open.

The blade edge had many micro-chips on it and after some time on the DMT duo, sandpapers, and strops they were greatly improved. Rather than attempt to remove them completely and lose steel I decided to give it a working edge and will allow the remaining defects to be sharpened out over time.

At any rate, here is today's carry:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Looks great!!!!! :thumbup:

Farmer today!!!!
    [​IMG]

10. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Cool pic!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

11. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

My old standby... the Vic Pioneer

12. Gafishing

Gafishing Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Just a heads up!
    Check out these Special editions at DLT

[​IMG]

DLT is dealer here so this post should be ok.
    Mods please remove if not allowed

WinonaRail likes this.
  13. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    :thumbup:

14. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Thanks!!!!

15. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Got my copper Scientist on hand today.

[​IMG]

WinonaRail likes this.
  16. Eric@DLT

[email protected]

Mar 30, 2015
    Thanks for the shoutout. I put that design together a few months ago and we finally hit the submit button to Victorinox, really happy with the way that one came out.

17. Gafishing

Aug 7, 2016
    Thanks Eric
    Really love that warthog
    Gonna order one tomorrow

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Gafishing

Aug 7, 2016
    Very nice
    I'm a plumber so I'm partial to copper
    [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    Thanks to both of you guys! Eric for the design and GaFishing for the heads up...I have a Spartan on the way! :thumbup:

20. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    :thumbup: